Faculty of Science
B.Sc. (Hons) Zoology (Goalpara College)
M.Sc. in Environmental Science (Tezpur University)
Ph.D in Environmental Science (Tezpur University)
Ph.D. Thesis Title: “Influence of silver and oxalate capped iron oxide nanomaterials on plant and soil environment”COMPUTER PROFICIENCY: Adobe Photoshop, DCA, DTP, Sigma Plot 10.0, SPSS 16.0, Origin 6.1, End note,
Adobe Ellustrator CS2.
Zoology, Environmental Science, Nano biotechnology
1. As DBT-Junior research fellow-from 5th June, 2014 till 31st March 2017, in a project entitled “Polymer supported green nano particles: using plants of north east India; studies on toxicity and anticancer property” at Dept. of Environmental Science, Tezpur University, Assam.
2. As ICAR-NASF Senior research fellow-from 1st April, 2017 till 3rd July, 2018, in a project entitled
“Elucidating the mechanism and assessing amelioration potential of Ocimum and Lucas in stress-induced
impaired homeostasis on growth and reproduction in Zebrafish at Dept. of Environmental Science, Tezpur
3. Phd research scholar from 2013-2018.
4. Currently working as an Asst. Professor in Assam Down town University.
1. Das, P., Barua, S., Karak, N., Bhattacharyya, P., and Bhattacharya, S. S. Plant extract –mediated green
silver nanoparticles: Efficacy as soil conditioner and plant growth promoter, Journal of Hazardous
Materials 346, 62–72, 2018.(I.F =6.06).
2. Das, P., Barua, S., Sarkar, S., Chatterjee, S. K., Mukherjee, S., Goswami, L., Das, S., Bhattacharya, S.,
Karak, N., and Bhattacharya, S. S. Mechanism of toxicity and transformation of silver nanoparticles:
Inclusive assessment in earthworm-microbe-soil-plant system, Geoderma 314, 73-84, 2018(I.F =4.07).
3. Das, P., Sarmah, K., Hussain, N., Pratihar, S., Das, S., Bhattacharyya, P., Patil, S.A., Kim, H.S., Iqbal,
M., Khazie, A., and Bhattacharya, S. S. Novel synthesis of an iron oxalate capped iron oxide
nanomaterial: a unique soil conditioner and slow release eco-friendly source of iron sustenance in plants.
RSC Adv. 6(105), 103012-103025, 2016.(I.F =3.10).
4. Das, P., Sarmah, K., Sarkar, S., Hussain, N., Das, S., Bhattacharya, S., Patil, S.A., Pratihar, S., and
Bhattacharya, S. S. Excellent nutrient mobilizing, soil conditioning, and buffering characteristics of
iron-manganese and iron-copper nanomaterials: an eco-toxicity, N-assimilation, photosynthetic potency,
and gene ex
5. Pratihar, S., Bhattacharya, S. S., Das, P., and Sarmah, K. Metal oxide based soil conditioner, World
Intellectual Property Organization, WO 2017/168446 A1, 2017.
6. Goswami, L., Kim, K. H., Deep, A., Das, P., Bhattacharya, S. S., Kumar, S., and Adelodun, A. A.
Engineered nano particles: nature, behaviour, and effect on the environment.Journal of Environmental
Management,196, 297-315, 2017. (I.F =4.10).
7.Barua, S., Konwar, R., Bhattacharya, S. S., Das, P., Devi, K.S.P., Maiti, T.K., Mandal, M., and Karak,
N. Non hazardous anticancerous and anti bacterial colloidal ‘green’ silver nanoparticles.Colloids and
Surfaces B,105, 37-42, 2013. (I.F =3.88).
8.Hussain, N., Das, S., Goswami, L., Das, P., Sahariah, B., and Bhattacharya, S. S. Intensification of
vermitechnology for kitchen waste and paddy straw employing earthworm consortium: assessment of
maturity time, microbial community structure, and economic benefit.Journal of Cleaner Production
Accepted (I.F.= 5.71).
9.Goswami, L., Bhattacharya, S.S., Mukhopadhyay, R., Das, P., and Goswami, R. Detoxification of
chromium-rich tannery industry sludge byEudrilus eugeniae: Insight on compost quality fortification
with enhanced microbial activity.
1.Presented a poster in the International Conference on Environmental Biology and Ecological
Modeling organized by Department of Zoology, Centre for Advanced studies, Visva-Bharati,
2.Presented a poster in the International Conference on Waste Management, RECYCLE 2016, IIT,
3. Presented a poster in the One day Symposium on Recent Advancements in Environmental Research
(RAER, 2017), organized by Centre for the Environment, IIT, Guwahati, Assam.
4. Presented a poster in the UGC-SAP National Seminar on Climate change and Society organized by
Department of Environmental Science, Tezpur University, Assam.
1. Received BIRAC-GYTI 2018 award from honorable President of India.
2. Applied for an Indian Patent, Application Number: 201631010727
3. Applied for an International Patent, Application Number: PCT/IN2017/050114
You are viewing from CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/)