1. Ph.D. (Full time pursuing) in Management from Krishna Kanta Handique State Open University (KKHSOU), Guwahati.
(A Government of Assam Open University & established under KKHSOU Act, 2005).
2. M.B.A. (2 years full time)
Department of Business Administration, Gauhati University.
Specialization: Marketing Management
3. M.A. in Economics
Institute of Distance and Open Learning (IDOL), Gauhati University
4. B.Sc. in Statistics
Cotton College under Gauhati University
Cotton College under Assam Higher Secondary Education Council
Don Bosco School, Guwahati
Secondary Education Board of Assam
7.3 years in academic as Assistant Professor/Lecturer and 3 years in non-academic:-
1. Assam downtown University (Assistant Professsor, Department of Management)
From: 23rd July 2018 to till date
2. Asian Institute of Management & Technology, under GYANJYOTI FOUNDATION Guwahati (Assistant Professor)
From: 1st September, 2017 to 30th June 2018
3. GEA National college, Guwahati (Lecturer)
From: 3rd June, 2013 to 14th June, 2017
4. Institute of Strategic Business Management, Guwahati (Lecturer)
From: 1st July, 2010 to 30th June, 2012
5. Alphia Institute of Business Management, Guwahati
From: 3rd February, 2009 to 25th March, 2010
6. HDFC Life Insurance, Guwahati (Sales Development Manager)
From: 3rd March, 2008 to 3rd February, 2009
7. ICFAI National college, Guwahati (Business Development Officer)
From: 23rd March 2007 to 3rd March, 2008
NATIONAL SEMINARS / CONFERENCES
1. Presented a paper on “Role of institutional credit in development of North-East India” held a Paschim Guwahati Mahavidyalaya on 27th-28th October 2016.
2. Presented a paper on “Impact of Demonetization on Indian economy” at CMS, Dibrugarh University on 27th February 2017
3. Presented a paper on “Positive contributions of technology towards development of a knowledgeable society” at Assam Down Town University on 24th-25th March 2017.
4. Presented a paper on “ODL in North-East India-A catalyst for development” at CSIR-NEIST, Jorhat organized by IGNOU R.C. Jorhat in collaboration with KKHSOU & CSIR-NEIST on 8th-9th July 2017.
5. Presented a paper on “Role of Advertising Minds in running election minds” at Gauhati Commerce College organized by Department of Business Administration, GCC on 17th November 2017.
INTERNATIONAL SEMINARS / CONFERENCES
1. Presented a paper on “Emerging trends of tourism in Assam-a study with trference to Dark Tourism" at University of Science and technology, Meghalaya (USTM) on 6th and 7th September 2019
2. Presented a paper on “The changing role of People Management in the Digital Age” at North Eastern Hill University (NEHU), Tura Campus on 23rd & 24th June 2017.
2. Presented a paper on “Redressing socio-economic inequalities through open learning and developmental interventions” at Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University (KKHSOU) on 16th & 17th December 2017.
1. Chakravarty, R. & Sarma, N.N. (2018). Hierarchy of effects and consumer buying: findings from literature review. Journal of Open learning and Research Communication, Vol. 4.
2. Chakravarty, R. (2017). FDI reforms and its impact on the Indian economy. International Journal of Research in Commerce, Economics, and Management, 7(4), 70-77.
3. Chakravarty, R., (2017). Role of Trade in promoting Entrepreneurship development between North-East India and South-East Asia. International Journal of Scientific and Research Management, 5(8), 76-85.
4. Chakravarty. R. (2017). ODL in North East India: a developmental perspective. Journal of Open learning and Research Communication, 3, 101-113.
CHAPTERS IN EDITED BOOK
1. Chakravarty, R. (2019). Tourism development interface: Inferences from case studies. In N.N. Sarma (Ed.), Management-The developmental perspectives. Guwahati: Krishna Kanta Handique State Open University.
2. Chakravarty, R. (2017). Redressing socio-economic inequalities through open learning and developmental interventions. In N.N. Sarma, C. Goswami, & P.Das (Eds.), International Conference on Developmental Interventions and Open Learning for Empowering and Transforming Society (pp. 575-589). Guwahati: KKHSOU.
3. Chakravarty, R. (2017). Impact of demonetization on the Indian economy. In A. Rajkonwar (Ed.), Demonetization and Indian Economy (pp. 91-100). Guwahati: EBH Publishers (India).
4. Chakravarty, R. (2017). Role of Advertising minds in running election campaigns. In J. Sarma (Ed.), Management Strategies in New India with special reference to North East India (pp. 302-308). Guwahati: GCC Centre of Management Studies.
FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
Ø Attended 1 FDP programme. Topic: “Case Study Method of Learning”
Resource Person: Prof. Nripendra Narayan Sarma, HOD, Dept. of Management, Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University, A State Open University of Govt. Of Assam, Guwahati
Ø Attended 5 days FDP: Teaching and Research Methods
Resource people: Empanelled resource person of UGC-HRDC Gauhati University
1. Attended a 2 day National Workshop on "Importance of Accreditation in Technical education and preparation of SAR" at Assam Science and Technology University (ASTU) in collaboration with Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad (JNTUH).
2. Attended a 3 day National Workshop on “Training of Trainers on Gender Equity” organized by Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Youth Development, Tamil Nadu, an institute of National importance of the Govt. of India in collaboration with KKHSOU, Guwahati 8th, 9th & 10th January 2018
Ø Attended a 5 day Workshop on “Training of Trainers on Retail” organized by Retailers Association and Skill Council of India (RASCI) under National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), Govt. of India. 18th to 21st January 2018
Invited as a panel member at a career seminar at St. Mary’s H.S. school and interacted with the students.
1. Chakravarty, R. (2015). Commercial banks & Rural uplift. The Assam Tribune.
2. Chakravarty, R. (2014). The Habit of reading. The Assam Tribune, 6.
3. Chakravarty, R. (2014). Look fair to be dark. The Assam Tribune, 6.
4. Chakravarty, R. (2014). Advertising…creativity & beyond. Guwahati: The Assam Tribune, 6.
5. Chakravarty, R. (2014). Entrepreneurship prospects in N-E. The Assam Tribune, 6.
6. Chakravarty, R. (2014). The Growing Services Sector. The Assam Tribune, 6
7. Chakravarty, R. (2013). Economics of Consumer Behaviour. The Assam Tribune, 6
8. Chakravarty, R. (2013). Services Sector and its growing importance. The Assam Tribune, 6
9. Chakravarty, R. (2013). Affluent Consumer & Buying Behaviour. The Assam Tribune, 6
ü Empanelled Resource Person & Content writer for MBA & BBA syllabus of Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University (KKHSOU).
ü Empanelled Resource Person of Center for Open and Distance Learning (CODL), Tezpur University.
ü Question Paper Setter and Answer scripts Evaluator of MBA Semester Examination of Dibrugarh University
ü Answer scripts Evaluator of BBA Semester Examination of Gauhati University
ADMINISTRATIVE POSITIONS IN Assam down town University
1. Member Secretary, Departmental Advisory Committee (DAC), Department of Management
2. Placement Coordinator, Department of Management
3. Member, Faculty Placement Committee under Faculty of Commerce, Management, Humanities and Social Science.
· Content Writer for MBA syllabus on “Service Marketing & Retail Management” of Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University.
· Content Writer for BBA syllabus on of Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University.
· Content Writer on Retailing of Assam Skill Development Mission, Govt. of Assam
1. Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)
2. 6 months Course in Diploma Computer Application (DCA)
3. Certificate: Retail Management, IIE Guwahati
4. Certificate: Entrepreneurship Awareness Programme, Cotton College
5. Certificate: Cotton College Centenary Science Celebration
6. Certificate: Business Head, HDFC Standard Life Insurance