· PhD (2008) in Water Resources Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology-Guwahati, India, 2003-2007.
(Thesis: Simulation of Dam Break Hydraulics in Natural Floodplain Topography)
· ME Civil Engg (Watershed Management and Flood Control), 1st Class 1st
Assam Engg. College, Guwahati University, Assam, India, 1997-1999.
(Dissertation: Different Computer Aided Numerical Solutions of Unsteady Equation of Surge Tank and Their Verification against Laboratory Data )
· BE Civil Engineering, (1st Class Honours, rank 3rd)
Assam Engg. College, Guwahati, Assam, India, 1992-1996.
( Project: Assessment of Available and Proposed Explicit Equations of Friction Factor of Turbulent Flow in pipes (7th semester), Design of A proposed Three Storied RCC office building.(8th semester)
.Working Experience: Total 22 Yrs in Teaching and Research
· Presently Professor of Civil Engineering, Faculty of Engineering and Technology Assam downtown University
· Professor& Head, Deptt. of CE, Regional Institute of Science& Technology, Meghalaya,
· Associate Professor, Deptt. of CE, Royal School of Engineering& Technology, RGI, Guwahati,
· Lecturer in the Prestigious Institute NIT-Silchar (Previously REC) under MHRD, Govt. of India.
Published 60 research papers in different international journals; national and international congress and conferences.
· Presented research papers in many international conferences such as 15th IASTED International Conference on Applied Simulation and Modeling, Rhodes, Greece; 3rd International Conference of APHW (Asia Pacific hydrology and Water management association) Bangkok, Thailand.
· Invited as Speaker in national conferences.
· Member of Board of Reviewers of five International Journals.
· Successfully guided and completed Twenty (20) M.Tech Dissertations
· Successfully guided and completed One PhD Student
· Guiding Three PhD Student at present
· BE (1st class 3rd in GU) and ME (1st class 1st in GU) from Assam Engineering College
· Authored Eight (8) Civil Engineering text books published by Prentice Hall India which are referred by scholars and students all over the country and outside the country also. Her books are included as syllabus text books of different courses of civil engineering by Different Reputed Universities all over the country.
· One of the text book “Elements of Civil Engineering” is also included in the pages of “Wikipedia” as reference.
· Experience of attending more than fourteen weeks professional training as workshop, short term training programme sponsored by AICTE, MHRD, ISTE, DST, DSIR, DONER.
· Member of syllabus preparation committee , Student Counselor, Administrative activities as Hostel Warden in NIT Silchar
· Gauhati University Examination in charge Officer.( Royal School of Engineering and Technology)
· Member Secretary of Conference/ Seminar Evaluation Committee of AdtU 2015-2018
· Member Secretary of Internal Research Committee of AdtU 2015-2018
· Software Developed: Finite difference based visual basic program for simulation of flood downstream of a dam due to its failure in natural floodplain topography.
Practical application of the software: (In Hydropower project in river Dibang)
Dam Break Analysis of the proposed Dam in a Himalayan River Dibang in Northeast India
· Skill set: Programming Languages- Visual Basic ,GW Basic ,MAT Lab
· Resource Person for the Refresher Course in Disaster & Their Management-“Dam Break disaster”, UGC – ACADEMIC STAFF COLLEGE :: GAUHATI UNIVERSITY