Faculty of Paramedical Sciences
Minimum 50% in 10+2 ...
Bachelor of Physiotherapy includes study of comprehensive examination, treatment, advice and instructions to any persons preparatory to or for the purpose of or in connection with movement/functional dysfunction, bodily malfunction, physical disorder, disability, healing and pain from trauma & disease. The curriculum is prescriptive and is designed with an aim to standardize the content across the nation.
Scope of practice Physiotherapists plan and administer physiotherapy/ rehabilitation treatments independently and also being a part of the multidisciplinary team. The minimum education requirement is often a baccalaureate degree or postgraduate degrees in Physiotherapy. Physiotherapy is an essential part of the health and community/welfare services delivery system. Physiother ...
Scope of practice Physiotherapists plan and administer physiotherapy/ rehabilitation treatments independently and also being a part of the multidisciplinary team. The minimum education requirement is often a baccalaureate degree or postgraduate degrees in Physiotherapy. Physiotherapy is an essential part of the health and community/welfare services delivery system. Physiotherapists practice independently of other health care/service providers and also within multidisciplinary rehabilitation/habilitation programmes to prevent, gain, maintain or restore optimal function and quality of life in individuals with loss and disorders of movement. Physiotherapists are guided by their own code of ethical principles. Thus, they may be concerned with any of the following purposes:
1. Promoting the health and well-being of individuals and the general public/society, emphasizing the importance of physical activity and exercise.
2. Preventing impairments, activity limitations, participatory restrictions and disabilities in individuals at risk of altered movement behaviors due to health or medically related factors, socio-economic stressors, environmental factors and lifestyle factors.
3. Providing interventions/treatment to restore integrity of body systems essential to movement, maximize function and recuperation, minimize incapacity, and enhance the quality of life, independent living and workability in individuals and groups of individuals with altered movement behaviors resulting from impairments, activity limitations, participatory restrictions and disabilities.
4. Modifying environmental, home and work access and barriers to ensure full participation in one’s normal and expected societal roles Physiotherapists may also contribute to the development of local, national and international health policies and public health strategies.
Physiotherapy is delivered in a variety of settings which allow it to achieve its purpose. Prevention, health promotion, treatment/intervention, habilitation and rehabilitation take place in multiple settings that may include, but are not confined to, the following:
1. Community based rehabilitation programmes
2. Community settings including primary health care centres, individual homes, and field settings
3. Education and research centres
4. Fitness clubs, health clubs, gymnasia and spas
7. Nursing homes
8. Occupational health centres
9. Out-patient clinics
10. Physiotherapist private offices, practices, clinics
12. Public settings (e.g., shopping malls) for health promotion
13. Rehabilitation centres and residential homes
14. Schools, including pre-schools and special schools
15. Senior citizen centres
16. Sports centres/clubs
Course Name Course Code Credit BIOCHEMISTRY I (BPT) BPM103 3 PSYCHOLOGY I & SOCIOLOGY I (BPT) BPT101 2 BIOMECHANICS OF HUMAN MOTION I BPT102 3 HUMAN ANATOMY I (BPT1ST SEM) BPT103 3 PHYSIOLOGY I (BPT IST SEM) BPT104 3 BIOMECHANICS OF HUMAN MOTION I (P) BPT112 1 HUMAN ANATOMY I (P) (BPT1ST SEM) BPT113 2 PHYSIOLOGY I (P) (BPT IST SEM) BPT114 2 PSYCHOLOGY II & SOCIOLOGY II (2ND SEM BPT) BPT201 2
Course Name Course Code Credit ENGLISH I (BPT) BEL101 2 ENGLISH II (BPT 2ND SEM) BEL201 1 BIOCHEMISTRY II (2ND SEM BPT) BPM203 3 BIOMECHANICS OF HUMAN MOTION II BPT202 3 HUMAN ANATOMY II (BPT 2ND SEM) BPT203 3 PHYSIOLOGY II (BPT 2ND SEM) BPT204 3 BIOMECHANICS OF HUMAN MOTION II (P) BPT212 1 HUMAN ANATOMY II (P) (BPT 2ND SEM) BPT213 2 PHYSIOLOGY II (P) (BPT2ND SEM) BPT214 2
Course Name Course Code Credit EXERCISE THERAPY I BPT301 3 ELECTROTHERAPY I BPT302 3 PHARMACOLOGY I (BPT) BPT303 2 MICROBIOLOGY I & PATHOLOGY I (BPT) BPT304 2 BIO-STATISTICS AND RESEARCH METHODOLOGY I (BPT) BPT305 2 EXERCISETHERAPY I (P) BPT311 3 ELECTROTHERAPY I (P) BPT312 3
Course Name Course Code Credit EXERCISE THERAPY II BPT401 3 ELECTROTHERAPY II BPT402 3 PHARMACOLOGY II BPT403 2 MICROBIOLOGY II & PATHOLOGY II BPT404 2 BIOSTATISTICS AND RESEARCH METHODOLOGY II BPT405 2 EXERCISE THERAPY II (P) BPT411 3 ELECTROTHERAPY II (P) BPT412 3
Course Name Course Code Credit CLINICAL ORTHOPAEDICS AND TRAUMATOLOGY I BPT501 3 CLINICAL NEUROLOGY & NEUROSURGERY I BPT502 3 GENERAL MEDICINE I (BPT) BPT503 3 GENERAL SURGERY I BPT504 3 COMMUNITY MEDICINE I (BPT) BPT505 3 DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING FOR PHYSIOTHERAPIST I BPT506 2
Course Name Course Code Credit CLINICAL ORTHOPEDICS AND TRAUMATOLOGY II BPT601 3 CLINICAL NEUROLOGY AND NEUROSURGERY II BPT602 3 GENERAL MEDICINE II BPT603 3 GENERAL SURGERY II BPT604 3 COMMUNITY MEDICINE II BPT605 3 DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING FOR PHYSIOTHERAPIST II BPT606 2
Course Name Course Code Credit PT IN ORTHOPEDIC CONDITIONS I BPT701 2 PT IN NEUROLOGICAL CONDITIONS I BPT702 2 PT IN CARDIOTHORACIC CONDITIONS AND GENERAL CONDITIONS I BPT703 2 PT IN OBG AND GENERAL SURGERY I BPT704 2 COMMUNITY BASED REHABILITATION I BPT705 2 ALLIED THERAPEUTICS AND SPORTS PHYSIOTHERAPY I BPT706 2 PT IN ORTHOPEDIC CONDITIONS I (P) BPT711 2 PT IN NEUROLOGICAL CONDITIONS I (P) BPT712 2 PT IN CARDIOTHORACIC CONDITIONS AND GENERAL CONDITIONSI (P) BPT713 2 PT IN OBG AND GENERAL SURGERY I (P) BPT714 1 COMMUNITY BASED REHABILITATION I (P) BPT715 1
Course Name Course Code Credit PT IN ORTHOPEDIC CONDITIONS II BPT801 2 PT IN NEUROLOGICAL CONDITIONS II BPT802 2 PT IN CARDIOTHORACIC CONDITIONS AND GENERAL CONDITIONS II BPT803 2 PT IN OBG AND GENERAL SURGERY II BPT804 2 COMMUNITY BASED REHABILITATION II BPT805 2 ALLIED THERAPUTICS AND SPORTS PHYSIOTHERAPY II BPT806 2 PT IN ORTHOPEDIC CONDITIONS II (P) BPT811 2 PT IN NEUROLOGICAL CONDITIONS II (P) BPT812 2 PT IN CARDIOTHORACIC CONDITIONS AND GENERAL CONDITIONS II (P) BPT813 2 PT IN OBG AND GENERAL SURGERY II (P) BPT814 1 COMMUNITY BASED REHABILITATION II (P) BPT815 1
You are viewing from CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/)