Assam down town University award Ph.D for various subjects. The University believes in quality research and hence select the students for Ph.D through an entrance test examination namely AdtU-RET (Assam down town University-Research Entrance Test). To maintain quality research work of the scholars are critically monitored and evaluated time to time by the Departmental research Council and the research Council of the University.
How to apply :
1. Application along with prescribed AdtURET fee to the admission office of the University.
2. Examination will be held on the following subjects -
- Research Methodology
- Computer application
- The test is a basic assessment of the candidate hence basic knowledge is only seen.
- The Examination will be followed by an interview, on the same day or as scheduled.
- The Candidates will be judged on both the written examination and the viva.
- The test dates will be announced from time to time.
How to complete the course :
- Successful Candidates will apply for course work of six months durations.
- After qualifying the course work the scholars have to get approval for their proposed research work (synopsis) and apply for the provisional registration.
- The students must submit their progress of the proposed research work (six monthly progress report) along with prescribed fees.
- After successful completion of their work they have to apply for final registration proving that their work is worthy presenting it in respective DRC.
- The scholar now is eligible for pre submission presentation and they can get approval for submission of their abstract as well as thesis.
On examiner's positive recommendation and qualification of the viva voce the scholar will be awarded by the doctorate degree.
(The above details or procedures might change, for most updated information please contact out admission office)