With star mark
First class 7th
First class 2nd
PG Diploma in Bioinformatics
Name & address of Supervisor
02-11-2012 to 01-11-2014
Institute of Advanced Study in Science and Technology
A study on diversity of fish fauna in Lakhimpur district, Assam and biological study of two species of conservational importance
Prof. Sabitry Choudhury Bordoloi (Scientist G)
Institute of Advanced Study in Science and Technology, Guwahati, Assam
02-11-2014 to 02-03-2017
01-08-2017 to 30-11-2017
Department of Zoology
April, 2018 to 31st March, 2020
North Eastern Hill University (NEHU)
Assam down town University
Population structure and Genetic diversity of five torrential fishes from the North East India: Implications for conservation
Prof. S. N. Ramanujam
H.O.D.Department of Zoology
NEHU, Shillong, Meghalaya
Dr. Manash P Sarmah
Faculty of Sciences
Author / Year
Length-weight relationships of five fish species collected from Ranganadi river (Brahmaputra river tributary) in Assam, India
G. Kaushik; M.K. Das, J.F. Hussain and S. Bordoloi
Journal of Applied Ichthyology
Length-weight and length-length relationships of four fish species of the genus Pethia and genus Puntius from wetlands of Lakhimpur district, Assam, India
G. Kaushik and S. Bordoloi
Adaptive modifications in lip and barbels of an endangered catfish Amblyceps arunchalensis Nath and Dey, 1989
Indian Academy of Science
Ichthyofauna in Ranganadi River in Lakhimpur, Assam, India
Ultrasurface structure of oromandibular area in a hill stream teleost Glyptothorax trilineatus Blyth, 1860
Acta Zoologica (Stockholm)
98 (4): 362-369
Length–weight relationships of five fish species collected from Basistha River, a torrential river in Assam, India
J. Hussain, M.K. das, G. Kaushik and S. Bordoloi
Biometric indices and size at first sexual maturity of eight alien fish species from Bangladesh
M.Y. Hossain, M.A. Hossen, M.M. Islam, M.N.U. Pramanik, F. Nawer, A.K. Paul, H.M.A. Hameed, M.M. Rahman, Kaushik, G. and Bordoloi, S.
Egyptian Journal of Aquatic Research
Length-weight relationships of three indigenous fishes
collected from Ranganadi River of Lakhimpur district,
G. Kaushik, N.K. Sharma, M. Y. Hossain and S. Bordoloi
33 (6): 1237 –1239
Length-weight and length-length relationships of Balitora brucei Gray, 1830 and Psilorhynchus balitora (Hamilton, 1822) from the Ranganadi river of Assam, India
33 (6): 1301 - 1302
Length-weight relationships of four indigenous fishes collected from Assam and Meghalaya, India (ACCEPTED)
G. Kaushik, K. Synnah, K. Tariang, S.N. Ramanujam ; S. Bordoloi
Lakes & Reservoirs: ….Sustainable Use
1. Kaushik, G. and Bordoloi, S. Ichthyofauna in Lakhimpur, Assam and detailed biology of selected fishes. Lambert Academic Publishing. (ISBN: 978-613-9- 96468-0)
A. Conference/ Seminar:
1. Poster presentation on Recent trends in Bio resources management & biodiversity conservation” from October 17 – 19, 2013 at Rajiv Gandhi University, Arunachal Pradesh on the topic: Ichthyofaunal diversity of Ranganadi river of Assam, India.
2. Oral presentation on “Integrated Approach in Zoological Research & Biennial conference of Zoological Society of Assam” from March 30-31, 2017 at Gauhati University on the topic: Length-weight relationships of two fish species collected from Ranganadi river, Assam.
A. Workshop/ Training:
1. Workshop on Taxidermy through Taxonomy from December, 27-28, 2006 at Department of Zoology, Arya Vidyapeeth College, Guwahati.
2. Workshop on Conservation Biology & Global Health from February, 1-5, 2011 at Gibbon Conservation Centre, Assam, India.
3. Workshop on Advanced Methods of Field Biology and Statistics for Life Science Research from October 10- 21, 2014 at Department of Zoology, University of Calcutta.
4. Workshop on Rapid Assessment of Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services of Wetlands in relation to Global Change from February, 23-25, 2015 at Guwahati, Assam.
Publication in other Indian Languages:
1. Kaushik, G. (2017): Ranganadi: Matsya Bichitrata and Songkot. Prantik, 36(12): 38-40 (ISSN: 0971-5932).
A. Doctoral research grant to pursue Ph.D. from November 2012 to February 2017 by Institute of Advanced Study in Science and Technology, Guwahati, Assam, India; an autonomous research institute funded by Dept. of Science and technology (DST).
B. International travel grant by Dept. of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India to deliver an oral presentation in 5th International Conference of Aquaculture, Jakarta Indonesia from 29th to 31st October, 2015 on the topic “Analysis of length-weight relationships, condition factor and Bayesian approach for prediction of health and shape of fish populations collected from Lakhimpur district, Assam, India.
C. International travel grant by Dept. of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt. of India to deliver an oral presentation in 5th International Conference of Aquaculture, Jakarta Indonesia from 29th to 31st October 2015 on the topic “Analysis of length-weight relationships, condition factor, and Bayesian approach for prediction of health and shape of fish populations collected from Lakhimpur district, Assam, India. (Declined)
D. Governor and President award winner cadet in Scout and Guide, India.
E. Selected as a National Post-Doctoral Fellow (NPDF) by SERB, DST for the current session (2017).