The down town Charity Trust was formed, by the down town hospital ltd., under a Deed of Trust, executed on 29th December, 1997. The urge to do something for the poor and deprived section of the society led to the formation of down town Charity Trust.
Apart from doctors, the members of the Trust include Engineers, Educationists and other professionals from various walks of life.
The down town Charity Trust is promoted by down town hospital ltd., the first corporate multi speciality hospital in North Eastern India. It has a distinguished name in the healthcare industry, serving the people of Assam and the North Eastern Region with its expertise for the last 25 years. It is the first institution in NORTH EAST to be NABH accredited in the Region.
The down town Charity Trust is governed by a Board of Trustees. The Trustees are:
- Dr. Narendra Nath Dutta, Chairman
- Prof. Bandana Dutta, Trustee
- Mr. Biswa Datta, Trustee
- Dr. Balin Kumar Gogoi, Trustee
- Dr. (Mrs.) Alaka Goswami, Trustee
- Dr. Manoj Mirdha, Trustee
- Mrs. Mayurakshi Dutta, Trustee
- Mrs.Gariasi Dutta, Resident Trustee
- Mr. Joutishman Dutta, Managing Trustee
The objectives of the trust are as follows :
- Founding and maintaining hospitals, promoting medical investigation and research institutions in India for the purpose of providing advanced medical facilities to the poor, the sick and the suffering.
- Establishing educational institutions in the region for spreading the light of education far and wide for the upliftment of all section of people
- Dissemination of useful knowledge in medicine and other related subjects with a view to assist deserving persons
- Providing opportunities for higher studies to aspiring individuals either in India or abroad by awarding scholarships, Fellowships or other financial assistance.
- Creating facilities of working in coordination, collaboration and co-operation with other institutions, colleges, funds, bodies or authorities with similar mission and vision.
- Publication of literature on health, medicine and other allied subjects on no profit basis.
- The Trust ensures that its benefits will be available to all section of people irrespective of caste, creed, sex and other such consideration.
|The down town Charity Trust seeks to realize its vision by :|
- Providing premium healthcare facilities to the economically weaker sections of the society.
- Creating infrastructure to develop the human resource of the region.