Name of the Degree/ Exam
Tezpur University, Tezpur
M.Sc. (Applied Chemistry)
8.9 (out of 10 point scale)
B. Borooah College
AISSCE (12th Standard)
Faculty H.S. School, Amingaon, Guwahati
HSLC (10th Standard)
St. Marys English High School, Maligaon
(c) Additional Responsibilities
Ø Member Secretary, Departmental Research Committee, Department of Chemistry, Assam down town University
Ø Member, Saturday Faculty Seminar Committee, Assam down town University
Ø Member, Science Club, Assam down town University
Ø Member, Journal Editorial Board, Assam down town University
Ø Member, Project Evaluation Committee, Assam down town University
Research Interest in the field of Organic Chemistry
1. Dutta, P. & Borah, R. Boron sulfonic acid (BSA) catalyzed selective synthesis of aryl-bis(2-hydroxynaphth-1-yl)methanes and 14-alkyl and 14- aryl-14H-dibenzoxanthenes under solvent-free condition, Current Chemistry Letters 4 (3), 93--100, 2015.
2. Dutta, P., Saikia, M., Das, R. J., Borah, R. Investigation of keto-enol tautomers during the synthesis of aryl-bis(2-hydroxy-1-naphthyl)methanes, Journal of Chemical Sciences 126 (6), 1629--1634, 2014.
3. Dutta, P., Dutta, A. K., Sarma, P., Borah, R. Dual nature of polyethylene glycol under microwave irradiation for the clean synthesis of oximes, Monatshefte für Chemie 145 (3), 505--508, 2014.
4. Dutta, P., Sarma, P., Borah, R. Investigation of efficient synthesis of 1,8- dioxo-octahydroxanthene derivatives under solvent-free grinding method, Current Chemistry Letters 2 (4),159--166, 2013.
5. Dutta, P., Sarma, P., Borah, R. P4VP-H2SO4 Catalyzed Chemoselective Protection of Aldehydes to Acylal along with Deprotection Reactions, Synthetic Communications 43 (10), 1378--1386, 2013.
6. Borah, K. J., Dutta, P., Borah, R. Synthesis, Characterization and Application of Poly(4-vinylpyridine)-Supported Brønsted Acid as Reusable Catalyst for Acetylation Reaction, Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society 32 (1), 225--228, 2011.
Conferences / Workshops / Courses Presented/Attended
1. Presented a poster in “20th National Magnetic Resonance Society Symposium Cum Annual Meeting”, organized by Department of Chemical Sciences, Tezpur University, Tezpur, 2-5th February, 2014.
2. Presented a poster in UGC Sponsored National Seminar on “Recent Challenges for Chemical Research and Practices: Moulding Chemistry towards a better tomorrow” organized by Department of Chemistry, Darrang College, Tezpur, 9-10th November, 2012.
3. Presented a poster in “International Symposium on Chemistry and Complexity”, organized by Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Kolkata, 6-8th December, 2011.
4. Presented a poster in “National Conference on Chemistry, Chemical Technology and Society”, organized by Department of Chemical Sciences, Tezpur University, Tezpur, 11-12th November, 2011.
5. Presented a poster in “20th National Symposium on Catalysis, Energy Conservation and Conservation of Environment”, organized by National Centre for Catalysis Research, IIT-Madras, 19-22nd December 2010.
6. Attended “Science Academies Lecture Workshop on Modern Trends In Chemistry” organized by Department of Chemical Sciences, Tezpur University, Tezpur, 20-22nd November, 2013.
7. Attended “Workshop on Spectroscopic Tools and their Applications” organized by Department of Chemical Sciences, Tezpur University, Tezpur, 6th April, 2013.
8. Attended “Indo-Finnish Symposium on Role of catalysts on production of green fuel” organized by Department of Energy, Tezpur University, Tezpur, 1st February, 2013.
9. Attended Workshop on Intellectual Property Rights “Capturing Innovations for IPR Protection in Tezpur University” organized by MHRD IPR Chair, Tezpur University, 8th August, 2012.
10. Attended “Workshop on Integrated Arsenic and Iron Removal from Groundwater: Arsiron Nilogon” organized by Department of Chemical Sciences, Tezpur University, Tezpur, 25th June, 2011.
11. Attended “Workshop on Intellectual Property Rights Sensitization: IPRSW-2010” organized by Tezpur University IPR Cell and Sponsored by TIFAC, DST, New Delhi, 23rd December, 2010.
12. Attended “Frontier Lecture Series” organized by Department of Chemical Sciences, Tezpur University, Tezpur, 20-22nd November 2009.
13. Attended “Summer School on Green Chemistry” organized by Department of Chemical Sciences, Tezpur University, Tezpur, 2-22nd June, 2009.
Post Graduate Research Work
Topic: ZrOCl2·8H2O catalyzed synthesis of pyrazine and quinoxaline derivatives.
Supervisor: Prof. Ashim Jyoti Thakur, Dept. of Chemical Sciences Tezpur University, Tezpur.
Duration: Five Months (Jan 2009-May 2009).