Post Doc from Assam Agricultural University. Jorhat. Research Topic “Molecular breeding for development of cold tolerant Boro rice cultivars at the seedling stage suitable for Assam condition”
PhD from Tocklai Tea Research Institute, Jorhat & Gauhati university. Thesis title “Genetic variability related to pigment and flavor in wild and cultivated tea Germplasms”.
First Class in Masters of Science (Botany) with specialization in Angiosperm Taxonomy from Gauhati University, Guwahati
Second Class in Bachelor of Science (Botany) from Biswanath College, Biswanath.
Second Division in HSSLC examination from Biswanath College, Biswanath.
First Division in HSLC examination from Chariali Adarsha Vidyapeethy, Biswanath Chariali
Assam down town University
1. Isolation of high quality RNA from non-cultivated camellia species rich in anthocyanins and other polyphenols, P. Bhagawati, P Ahmed, H.R. Singh, M. Deka. S. Das, Annals of Biological Research, 2014. 5(5): 59-63
2.Cloning and heterologous expression of a gene encoding lycopene-epsilon-cyclase, a precursor of lutein in tea (Camellia sinensis var assamica), S. Borchetia, C. Bora, B. Gohain, P. Bhagawati, N. Agarwal, N. Bhattacharrya, R. Bharalee, P. Bhorali, T. Bandyopadhyay, S. Gupta, S. K. Das, H. R. Singh, P. Ahmed, M. Gogoi, S. Das. African Journal of Biotechnology, 2011, 10(32): 5934-5939
3. Rubisco-bis-phosphate oxygenase (RuBP)- A potential housekeeping gene for qPCR assays in tea, B. Gohain, T. Bandyopadhyay, P. Bhorali, S. Borchetia, R. Bharalee, S. Gupta, N. Agarwal, N. Bhattacharrya, H. R. Singh, P. Bhagawati, P. Ahmed, M. C. Kalita, S. Das. African Journal of Biotechnology, 2012, 11(51): 11193-11199
4. Molecular analysis and expression profiling of blister blight defense related genes in tea, P. Bhorali, B. Gohain, S. Gupta, R. Bharalee, T. Bandyopadhyay, S. K. Das, N. Agarwal, H. R. Singh, P. Bhagawati, N. Bhattacharrya, P. Ahmed, S. Borchetia, S. Das, Indian Journal of Genetics and Plant Breeding, 2012, 72(2): 226-233
5. Hypersensitive reaction and anatomical changes of young tea leaf (Camellia sinensis, clone TV1) during feeding by tea mosquito bug (Helopeltis theivora Waterhouse: Hemiptera: Miridae), P. Ahmed, P. Bhagawati, S. K. Das, M. C. Kalita, International journal of current microbiology and applied sciences, 2013, 2(8): 187-195
6. Molecular Analysis of Drought Tolerance in Tea by cDNA-AFLP Based Transcript Profiling, S. Gupta, R. Bharalee, P. Bhorali, S. K. Das, P. Bhagawati, T. Bandyopadhyay, B. Gohain, N. Agarwal, P. Ahmed, S. Borchetia, M. C. Kalita, A. K. Handique, S. Das, Molecular Biotechnology, 2012.
7. Identification, cloning and heterologous expression of a new lectin like protein in tea., T. Bandyopadhyay, B. Gohain, R. Bharalee, P. Bhagawati, M. C. Kalita, S. Das, Journal of Applied Research on Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, 2014.
8. Agrobacterium mediated transfer of nptII and gus genes in Camellia assamica, N. Bhattacharrya, H. R. Singh, N. Agarwala, P. Bhagawati, G. U. Ahmed, S. Das, Journal of Agricultural Biotechnology and Sustainable Development., 2014.
9. Exogenous gene transfer in Assam tea [Camellia assamic(Masters)] by agrobacterium-mediated transformation using somatic embryo, H. R. Singh, N. Bhattacharrya, N. Agarwala, P. Bhagawati, M. Deka, S. Das, European Journal of Experimental Biology, 2014, 4(3): 166-175
10. In-silico identification and functional annotation of SSR-ESTs related to drought and herbivory in Camellia sinensis var assamica, M. Gogoi, A. Zaman, S. Das, H. R. Singh, P. Bhagawati, P. Chowdhury, H. Saikia, R. N. Yadav, S. Borchetia, T. Bandyopadhyay, Two and a Bud, 2014, 60(2): 43-50.
11. Transgenic Tea Over-expressing Solanum tuberosum Endo-1,3-beta-D-glucanase Gene Conferred Resistance Against Blister Blight Disease. H. Ranjit Singh, Pranita Hazarika, Niraj Agarwala, Neelakshi Bhattacharyya, Prasenjit Bhagawati, Sudripta Das. Plant Molecular Biology Reporter 36(384), January 2018.
1. Comparative study on morphological and molecular genetic diversity analysis in Tea. Bhagawati P, Singh HR, Borchetia S, Chowdhury P, Saikia H, Bandyopadhyay T. Book Chapter-ISBN-9789383230068- BIOTIK(A collection of research articles related to biodiversity and sustainability)Maharathi Prakashan, Jorhat,2015.
2. Functional Genomics in Tea:Progress and Prospects for genetic Improvement. Borchetia S, Gogoi M, Bhagawati P, Singh H R, Hazarika P, Zaman A, Das S, Chowdhury P, Saikia H and Bandyopadhyay T, Published in the proceedings of V th Scientific Workshop on Biotechnological Research in North East India, Present & Future. ISBN 978-81-930496-0-0, pp 105-110.2014.
3. Advanced Molecular Markers: Role in Plant Genetic Diversity And Its Importance in Tea. Singh H R, Bhagawati P, Hazarika P, Das S, Borchetia S, Bandyopadhyay T. Book Chapter-ISBN-9789383230068- BIOTIK(A collection of research articles related to biodiversity and sustainability) Maharathi Prakashan, Jorhat,2015.
4. Morphological Diversity Among Tea Clones Using Numerical Taxonomy. Bhagawati P, Das S. Book Chapter-ISBN- 978-93-81563-75-5, Natural Resources (Utilizing and conserving for human welfare and sustenance) Global Publishing House India, Visakhapatnam, India.
June-2016- June 2019
DBT RA in Deptt. Of Agricultural Biotechnology, Assam Agricultural University under the supervision of Dr Akhil Ranjan Baruah.
Research Topic “Molecular breeding for development of cold tolerant Boro rice cultivars at the seedling stage suitable for Assam condition”
September 16- 2014 - October-17- 2015.
Working as a Junior Research Fellow in a DBT sponsored project entitled “Molecular breeding for development of drought tolerant ahu rice suitable for upland ecosystems.” in Deptt. Of Agricultural Biotechnology, Assam Agricultural University.
December 2011- 15- September 2014
Working as a JRF and SRF in the project entitled “Identification and Characterization of Sequence Based Markers for Genetic Improvement of Tea” Funded by DBT, Govt of India in Deptt. Of Biotechnology, Tocklai Experimental Station, TRA, Jorhat.
April 2008- June 2011.
Working as a JRF and SRF in the project entitled “Molecular Markers and Descriptors Development In Tea” funded by DBT, Govt of India in Deptt. of Biotechnology, Tocklai Tea Research Institute, TRA, Jorhat.
January 2007- February 2008
Working as a Research Fellow in the Project entitled “Documentation And Inventorization Of Macrofloral, Microfloral And Microfaunal Diversity In The Submergence Areas Of Lower Subansiri Hydro Power Project” funded by NHPC, Govt of India in the Deptt. of Botany, Gauhati University.