Institute of Life long learning of Assam down town University, is the domain of adult or continuing education which examines how adults learn, usually within work contexts. The field encompasses professional development programs for learners including professional groups and also the ones who have not had the opportunity to access formal education system and want to pursue job oriented short term vocational courses.
Ph.D. from Assam down town University, Thesis title “Tourism Marketing: Challenges and Opportunities for the North East India”.
Qualified UGC – NET (National Eligibility Test) in the subject - “Management”
First class in Master of Business Administration (MBA) from Tezpur University, Tezpur, Assam.
Diploma in Computer Software Technology (DCST) with Grade "A+" from ET&T, Govt. of India.
First Class in Bachelor of Science (BSc) from Cotton College, Guwahati under Gauhati University.
First division in HSSLC examination, from B. Barooah College, Guwahati under AHSEC.
First division in HSLC examination, from Cotton Collegiate Govt. H. S. School, Guwahati under SEBA.
Aug-2012 – Present
Assam down town University
Teaching and Academic Administration.
July-2009 – July-2012
North Eastern Regional Institute of Management
Nov-2008 – Feb-2009
Tata Aig Life Insurance Company Ltd.
Branch Operation and Administration
Dec-2005 – Nov-2008
HDFC Bank Ltd.
Bank Branch Operations and Administration
1."Tea Tourism: An Unexplored Business Opportunity in Assam"; Tenth Biennial Conference on
Entrepreneurship (Conference Papers); Volume II; ISBN 978-93-80574-47-9; February 20-22, 2013;
2. “Assam Silk Market: Problems and Probable Solutions”; International Journal of Innovative Research
In Science, Engineering and Technology; Volume V, Issue 7, July 2016; ISSN 2319-8753
3. “Tourist Expectation Gap – A Study on the Tourist Spot Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh, India”;
International Journal of Innovative Research In Science, Engineering and Technology; Volume VI, Issue
9, September 2017; ISSN 2319-8753
4. “Manpower Requirement in Tourism & Hospitality sector”; International Journal of Innovative
Research In Science, Engineering and Technology; Volume 8, Issue 3, March 2019; ISSN 2319-
1. Presented a paper titled “Government of India’s Policy on FDI in Retail Sector with special reference
to multi Brand Retail Trade (MBRT)” in the ICSSR sponsored National Seminar on Foreign Direct
Investment in Retail Sector and Its Impact on Employment and Investment with special reference to North
Eastern Region, 30th – 31st March, 2013, organized by Department of Commerce, Gauhati University,
2. Presented a paper titled “Tea Bar: An Innovative Entrepreneurial Activity to Cater to the Needs of New
Age Customers” in AICTE sponsored National Seminar on Entrepreneurship: Global Vision – Local
expression, 8th – 9th November, 2013, organized by The Department of Management, Assam down town
3. Presented a paper titled “Sleep Posture Understanding and Supporting Device – A Prospective
Entrepreneurial Activity” in AICTE sponsored National Seminar on Entrepreneurship: Global Vision –
Local expression, 8th – 9th November, 2013, organized by The Department of Management, Assam down
Town University, Guwahati.
4. Presented a paper titled “Management Education: Problems and Prospects in Inculcating Entrepreneurial Skills for the Generation of Self Employment” in ICSSR sponsored National Seminar on Education, Ethics and Excellence in India, 19th – 20th May, 2016, organized by Kumar Bhaskar Varma Sanskrit & Ancient Studies University, Nalbari, Assam.
Seminars / Workshop / Training
1. Participated in the workshop on “Internal Auditor – ISO 9001:2015” conducted by National
Productivity Council, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Govt. of India
2. Participated in the Awareness Program on Intellectual Property Rights, 17th & 18th November 2017,
organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering, Assam down town University and Sponsored by
the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Govt. of India.
3. Participated in the workshop on “Scope and Impact of Distance & Open Learning with special
reference to North East India”, organized by Directorate of Distance Education, Assam down town
University, 18th -19th December, 2015.
4. Participated in the Faculty Knowledge Sharing Program; organized by ICFAI Business School,
Kolkata, on 15th June, 2019.
5. Attended a three days Faculty Development Programme at Scholars Institute of Technology and
Management, Guwahati, organized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) from 23rd to
25th January 2020
1. Received Rs. 1,00,000.00 (Rupees one lakh) as grant-in-aid from AICTE to organize a National Seminar
on Entrepreneurship. The Seminar was successfully organized as co-ordinator on 8th – 9th November,
2013, at Assam down town University, Guwahati
2. Certified Trainer of All India Management Association (AIMA) BizLab