Institute of Life long learning of Assam down town University, is the domain of adult or continuing education which examines how adults learn, usually within work contexts. The field encompasses professional development programs for learners including professional groups and also the ones who have not had the opportunity to access formal education system and want to pursue job oriented short term vocational courses.
• Ph. D.: Geotechnical Engineering - Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati, India.
• M. E.: Foundation and Geotechnical Engineering – Assam Engineering College,
Gauhati University, Assam, India.
• B. E.: Civil Engineering - Assam Engineering College, Gauhati University, Assam,
• Consultant Engineer, Part-time (2011 to present), M/S Kamakhya Engineering Solutions. Summary of services provided: Plan for Subsoil Investigation, Supervise In-situ and laboratory tests, Design of Foundation system and prepare Subsoil Investigation Report. Construction materials quality control laboratory test and reports.
• Consultant Engineer, Part-time (2011 to 2012), Reliant Engineer, Guwahati. Summary of services provided: Plan for Subsoil Investigation, Supervise In-situ and laboratory tests, Design of Foundation system and prepare Subsoil Investigation Report. Construction materials quality control laboratory test and reports.
• Ph.D. Thesis Title: “Effective stress development in kaolin and bentonite clays during the hydro-mechanical loading.”
Supervisor: Dr. T.V. Bharat, Associate Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, IIT Guwahati
• ME Dissertation title: A study on the effect of specific surface area on SWCC of soil. Assam Engineering College, Gauhati University.
• 8th Semester, B.E. Project: Earthquake Resistant Design of 5–Storied Residential Building.
Research and Experimental Skills
• Acquainted with various geotechnical laboratory and in-situ tests carried out at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
• Acquainted with the suction measurement technique viz. with osmotic, vapor equilibrium and vapor pressure measurement technique.
• Acquainted with measurement of collapse potential and swelling pressure for controlled suction using osmotic technique.
• Handling of RH Chamber for suction measurement.
• Analytical and interpretation skills: Powder X-ray Diffraction, Field Emission Scanning Electron Microscopy, BET, Mercury Intrusion Porosimeter.
1) Choudhury, C., T. V. Bharat, 2018. Wetting induced collapse behavior of kaolinite:
influence of fabric and inundation pressure, Canadian Geotechnical Journal,
1) Choudhury, C., Chetia, M., 2012. “A Study on Correlation between Specific Surface Area and Soil-Water Characteristic Curve,” Indian Geotechnical Conference, Delhi.
2) Choudhury, C., Bharat, T. V., 2013. “A study on hygroscopic water content and residual water content of soils,” Indian Geotechnical Conference, Roorkee.
3) Choudhury, C., Bharat T V., 2014. “Soil-water characteristic curve models for clays,” Indian Geotechnical Conference, Kakinada.
4) Choudhury, C., Bharat T V., 2015. “Collapse behavior of clay soil under onedimensional (1d) compression condition,” Indian Geotechnical Conference, Pune.
• Mineralogical aspects of clays for predicting engineering behavior of clays
• Settlement behavior of high plastic clays
• Collapsible behavior of soil
• Swelling pressure development in compacted clays
• Effect of suction on engineering behavior of compacted clays.
• Effective stress development in soil
1) Indian Geotechnical Conference (IGC 2017), IIT Guwahati, 14-16 December 2017.
2) Indian Geotechnical Conference (IGC 2015), College of Engineering Pune, 17-19, December 2015.
3) Indian Geotechnical Conference (IGC 2014), JNTU Kakinada, 18-20 December 2014.
4) UK–India Education and Research Initiative (UKIERI) Workshop on “Seismic Requalification of Pile Supported Structures”, 2015. Organized by Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati in association with Indian Geotechnical Society, Guwahati Chapter (NE).
5) TEQIP Short Term Course on “Integrated Solid Waste Management”, 2012. Organized by Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati.
6) Short Term Training on “Earthquake Resistant Structures and Retrofitting Techniques”, 2011. Organized by Department of Civil Engineering, Assam Engineering College, Guwahati.
7) National Seminar on “Seismic Hazards and Mitigation of North East India”, 2011. Organized by Environmental Watch and Management Institute, Guwahati – 781022, at Maniram Dewan Trade Centre, Betkuchi, Guwahati – 781035.