Institute of Life long learning of Assam down town University, is the domain of adult or continuing education which examines how adults learn, usually within work contexts. The field encompasses professional development programs for learners including professional groups and also the ones who have not had the opportunity to access formal education system and want to pursue job oriented short term vocational courses.
Research interest includes quality assessment of public transport, bench-marking of transport facilities, Traffic speed and volume studies. Published work in reputed SCI/SCOPUS indexed journals. Some of the published journals are:
1. Deb, Saikat, and Mokaddes Ali Ahmed. "Determining the service quality of the city bus service based on users’ perceptions and expectations." Travel Behaviour and Society 12 (2018): 1-10. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tbs.2018.02.008
2. Deb, Saikat, and Mokaddes Ali Ahmed. "Quality assessment of city bus service based on subjective and objective service quality dimensions: case study in Guwahati, India." Benchmarking: An International Journal 26, no. 2 (2019): 567-589. https://www.emerald.com/insight/content/doi/10.1108/BIJ-11-2017-0309/full/html
3. Deb, Saikat, and M. Ali Ahmed. "VARIABILITY OF THE PERCEPTION ABOUT SAFETY, COMFORT, ACCESSIBILITY AND RELIABILITY OF CITY BUS SERVICE ACROSS DIFFERENT USERS’GROUPS." International Journal of Civil Engineering and Technology 9, no. 2 (2018): 2018. http://www.iaeme.com/ijciet/issues.asp?JType=IJCIET&VType=9&IType=2
4. Das, Debasish, Mokaddes Ali Ahmed, and Saikat Deb. "Model for Estimating On-street Parking Demand in Urban CBD." International Conference on Innovation in Modern Science and Technology. Springer, Cham, 2019. https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-030-42363-6_38
(A) Received funding of Rs 9000/- from Assam Science Technology and Environmental Council to accomplish research related to the subject of Estimating the Effect of On Road Parking on Traffic Stream Characteristicsfor Various Locations of Guwahati city.
(B) Reviewer in different SCI/SCOPUS indexed journals. The List of the Journals are given below:
1. IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems
2. International Journal of Civil Engineering and Technology
3. Advances in Transportation Studies
4. Case Studies in Transport Policy
5. Academy of Strategic Management Journal
6. Data in Brief
7. The Open Transportation Journal