Worked as Assistant Professor,Department of Microbiology, Assam down town University, Guwahati, Assam, India
(4 years 10 months)
Worked as Senior scientific officer, Desun Hospital and Heart Research Institute, Kolkata, India
Worked as Trainee scientific officer, Desun Hospital and Heart Research Institute, Kolkata, India
1. Sushree Sangita Senapati*, Sushma Gurumayum. Medicinal plants used in traditional alcoholic beverage preparation by tribes of Assam. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical Sciences. 2016;7(5):1048-1061
2. Sushma Gurumayum and Sushree Sangita Senapati. Exploration of Algal Varieties from Panikhaiti Area of Guwahati using Winogradsky Column. Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci. 2017; 6(3): 1195-1204. doi: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2017.603.139
1. Contributed one chapter in the book “Rapid Detection and Effective Prevention of Foodborne Hazards” edited by Lan Hu. Published by Apple Academic Press Inc. ISBN: 1771886285
1. Presented a poster on “Marine bioactive compounds” in a national seminar on Recent Trends in Microbial Technology With Reference To Extremophiles (EXTREMOS’ 2010) conducted by Department Of Microbiology, Periyar University, Salem, Tamilnadu during 21st and 22nd October, 2010.
2. Presented a poster on “Study of fungal diversity in rhizosphere of few medicinal plants” in a national conference on Plant diversity: Prospects and problems of conservation organized by Kristu Jayanti College, Department of Lifesciences, Bangalore from 27-29th October, 2010.
3. Visited CSIR-NEIST, Jorhat from 5-9th October, 2015 for a short term training program.
4. Participated in Recent Advances in Health Sciences (Sponsered by All India Survey on Higher Education) organized by Assam down town University on 21st March,2015.
5. Attended one day symposium on Minitab 17 – The leading statistical software for data analysis on “Application of Statistics in Industry”, 25th February, 2016 organized by Assam down town University.
6. Participated and presented a poster in the International Conference on Nanoscience and Technology (ICONSAT 2016) organized by IISER Pune, India from 29th February to 2nd March 2016.
7. Actively participated in the workshop titled “Application of Bioinformatics in Biomedical Research organized by the Biomedical Informatics Centre of ICMR, RMRC, Dibrugarh held on 28th March 2016.
8. Participated in poster “Effectiveness of Chloroform Extract of Citrus lemon, Citrus aurantifolia and Citrus grandis against Aspergillus niger isolated from Onion Peel” at International Conference On Contemporary Antimicrobial Research 2016, ICCAR 2016 Towards Intelligent Antimicrobials at Assam University, Silchar during 14-17th November 2016.
9. Presented poster on “Comparative Study of Escherichia coli Strains Isolated From Different Sites Of The River Mahanadi, Sambalpur, Odisha” at 57th Annual Conference Of Association of Microbiologists In India and International Symposium On “Microbes and Biosphere: What’s New What’s Next” organized by Department of Botany, Gauhati University and The Institute Of Advanced Study In Science And Technology (IASST), Guwahati during the period of 24-27th November, 2016.
10. “Isolation of metal reducing organisms from sewage of jewellery making shops of Guwahati, Assam” abstract for poster presentation was accepted by 104th Indian Science Congress 3-7th January, 2017 held at Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati.
11. Participated and presented poster on “Exploration of Algal diversity in Panikhaiti area of Guwahati from Winogradsky column” at National Seminar on Science and technology for human welfare ( 62nd Annual Technical session of Assam Science Society) organized by IASST, Guwahati (Institute of Advanced Study in Science and Technology) on 27th February, 2017.
12. Participated in the short term training course on “Bioinformatics –Bridging In Vivo to In Silico” at Bioinformatics infrastructure Facility (BIF) Centre, Department Of Rural Development And Agricultural Production North-Eastern Hill University (Tura Campus, Tura, Meghalaya) sponsored by Department Of Biotechnology, Government Of India, New Delhi during 21- 23rd March,2017.
13. Plabita Gayan, Hrishikesh Kalita, , Priyam Dhar, Sushma Gurumayum, Sushree Sangita Senapati. “Study of different yeast isolates from some seasonal fruits of Assam” at Papothecary – 2017 North eastern Regional Conference and Exhibition on Promotion And Protection of Traditional Health Care Remedy (Translational Approaches for Novel Drugs and Drug Intermediates) held at Guwahati University, 24-26th March, 2017.
14. Moitrayee Devi, Antara Kataki, Sushma Gurumayum, Sushree Sangita Senapati. “Isolation of different yeasts from starter cultures of two fermented beverage starter cakes, Assam”. Poster presentation at National Seminar on Integrated Approach in Zoological Research & Biennial Conference of Zoological Society of Assam, held at Guwahati University, organized by Department of Zoology, Guwahati University, 30-31st March, 2017.
15. Markijuh Papeng, Lipokumla Kichu, Sushree Sangita Senapati, Sushma Gurumayum. “Isolation And Partial Identification of Microflora in degrading paddy straw”. Poster presentation at National Seminar on Integrated Approach in Zoological Research & Biennial Conference of Zoological Society of Assam held at Guwahati University, organized by Department of Zoology, Guwahati University, 30-31st March, 2017.
16. Ningthoujam Pusparani Devi, Larikuper Umyiap, Sushma Gurumayum, Sushree Sangita Senapati. “Study of baited microflora from the degrading kitchen waste”. Poster presentation at National Seminar on Integrated Approach in Zoological Research & Biennial Conference of Zoological Society of Assam held at Guwahati University, organized by Department of Zoology, Guwahati University, 30-31st March, 2017.
17. Delivered a talk on “Isolation And Identification Of Yeasts : Potential for Beverage Production” during the 49th annual national conference of the nutrition society of India held at Assam Agricultural University, Jorhat, Assam during 2 – 4th November, 2017
1. Completed M.Phil Life Sciences from Sambalpur University securing a 2nd rank position
2. University 5th rank holder and institute topper in M.Sc Microbiology course (2011)
3. Guided undergraduate and postgraduate project works at Department of Microbiology, Assam down town University, Guwahati, Assam during the period from January 2016 till date.