Institute of Life long learning of Assam down town University, is the domain of adult or continuing education which examines how adults learn, usually within work contexts. The field encompasses professional development programs for learners including professional groups and also the ones who have not had the opportunity to access formal education system and want to pursue job oriented short term vocational courses.
B.Sc. (Hons) Zoology (Goalpara College)
M.Sc. in Environmental Science (Tezpur University)
Ph.D in Environmental Science (Tezpur University)
Ph.D. Thesis Title: “Influence of silver and oxalate capped iron oxide nanomaterials on plant and soil environment”
1. As DBT-Junior research fellow-from 5th June, 2014 till 31st March 2017, in a project entitled “Polymer supported green nano particles: using plants of north east India; studies on toxicity and anticancer property” at Dept. of Environmental Science, Tezpur University, Assam.
2. As ICAR-NASF Senior research fellow-from 1st April, 2017 till 3rd July, 2018, in a project entitled
“Elucidating the mechanism and assessing amelioration potential of Ocimum and Lucas in stress-induced
impaired homeostasis on growth and reproduction in Zebrafish at Dept. of Environmental Science, Tezpur
3. Phd research scholar from 2013-2018.
4. Currently working as an Asst. Professor in Assam Down town University.
1. Das, P., Barua, S., Karak, N., Bhattacharyya, P., and Bhattacharya, S. S. Plant extract –mediated green
silver nanoparticles: Efficacy as soil conditioner and plant growth promoter, Journal of Hazardous
Materials 346, 62–72, 2018.(I.F =6.06).
2. Das, P., Barua, S., Sarkar, S., Chatterjee, S. K., Mukherjee, S., Goswami, L., Das, S., Bhattacharya, S.,
Karak, N., and Bhattacharya, S. S. Mechanism of toxicity and transformation of silver nanoparticles:
Inclusive assessment in earthworm-microbe-soil-plant system, Geoderma 314, 73-84, 2018(I.F =4.07).
3. Das, P., Sarmah, K., Hussain, N., Pratihar, S., Das, S., Bhattacharyya, P., Patil, S.A., Kim, H.S., Iqbal,
M., Khazie, A., and Bhattacharya, S. S. Novel synthesis of an iron oxalate capped iron oxide
nanomaterial: a unique soil conditioner and slow release eco-friendly source of iron sustenance in plants.
RSC Adv. 6(105), 103012-103025, 2016.(I.F =3.10).
4. Das, P., Sarmah, K., Sarkar, S., Hussain, N., Das, S., Bhattacharya, S., Patil, S.A., Pratihar, S., and
Bhattacharya, S. S. Excellent nutrient mobilizing, soil conditioning, and buffering characteristics of
iron-manganese and iron-copper nanomaterials: an eco-toxicity, N-assimilation, photosynthetic potency,
and gene expression based assessment (Communicated).
5. Pratihar, S., Bhattacharya, S. S., Das, P., and Sarmah, K. Metal oxide based soil conditioner, World
Intellectual Property Organization, WO 2017/168446 A1, 2017.
6. Goswami, L., Kim, K. H., Deep, A., Das, P., Bhattacharya, S. S., Kumar, S., and Adelodun, A. A.
Engineered nano particles: nature, behaviour, and effect on the environment.Journal of Environmental
Management,196, 297-315, 2017. (I.F =4.10).
7.Barua, S., Konwar, R., Bhattacharya, S. S., Das, P., Devi, K.S.P., Maiti, T.K., Mandal, M., and Karak,
N. Non hazardous anticancerous and anti bacterial colloidal ‘green’ silver nanoparticles.Colloids and
Surfaces B,105, 37-42, 2013. (I.F =3.88).
8.Hussain, N., Das, S., Goswami, L., Das, P., Sahariah, B., and Bhattacharya, S. S. Intensification of
vermitechnology for kitchen waste and paddy straw employing earthworm consortium: assessment of
maturity time, microbial community structure, and economic benefit.Journal of Cleaner Production
Accepted (I.F.= 5.71).
9.Goswami, L., Bhattacharya, S.S., Mukhopadhyay, R., Das, P., and Goswami, R. Detoxification of
chromium-rich tannery industry sludge byEudrilus eugeniae: Insight on compost quality fortification
with enhanced microbial activity.
1.Presented a poster in the International Conference on Environmental Biology and Ecological
Modeling organized by Department of Zoology, Centre for Advanced studies, Visva-Bharati,
2.Presented a poster in the International Conference on Waste Management, RECYCLE 2016, IIT,
3. Presented a poster in the One day Symposium on Recent Advancements in Environmental Research
(RAER, 2017), organized by Centre for the Environment, IIT, Guwahati, Assam.
4. Presented a poster in the UGC-SAP National Seminar on Climate change and Society organized by
Department of Environmental Science, Tezpur University, Assam.
1. Received BIRAC-GYTI 2018 award from honorable President of India.
2. Applied for an Indian Patent, Application Number: 201631010727
3. Applied for an International Patent, Application Number: PCT/IN2017/050114