Institute of Life long learning of Assam down town University, is the domain of adult or continuing education which examines how adults learn, usually within work contexts. The field encompasses professional development programs for learners including professional groups and also the ones who have not had the opportunity to access formal education system and want to pursue job oriented short term vocational courses.
First Class Master of Science in Bioinformatics from SMUDE.
Ph.D. from Gauhati University, Thesis title “A Study on the Occurrence and Distribution of Vesicular Arbuscular Mychorrhizal fungi in land degraded due to Shifting Cultivation”.
Diploma in Bioinformatics from Bioinformatics Research and Training Center, Gwalior.
First Class in Master of Science (Botany) with specialization in Microbiology from Cotton College, Guwahati.
First Class in Bachelor of Science (Botany) from J.B. College, Jorhat.
Second division in AISSCE examination, from HS School Namsai, Arunachal Pradesh.
Second Division in AISCE examination, from HS School Chowkham, Arunachal Pradesh.
Dec-2015 – Present
Assam down town University
Teaching, Academic Registrar i/c.
Jan-2008 – Nov-15
Course Designing, Teaching, Research and Official
Jan-2006 – Dec-07
ECIL – ECIT, DU - Campus
Jan-2004 – Dec-05
Jan-2005 – Dec-05
Part time Faculty
Saikia, Surovi, Manobjyoti Bordoloi, and Rajeev Sarmah. "Established and In-trial GPCR Families in Clinical Trials: A Review for Target Selection." Current drug targets 20, no. 5 (2019): 522-539.
Saikia, Surovi, Manobjyoti Bordoloi, Rajeev Sarmah, and Bhaskor Kolita. "Antiviral compound screening, peptide designing, and protein network construction of influenza a virus (strain a/Puerto Rico/8/1934 H1N1)." Drug development research 80, no. 1 (2019): 106-124.
Gogoi, Dipshikha, Tazid Ali, and Rajeev Sarmah. "ANALYSIS OF HELICOBACTER PYLORI STRAIN 26695 PROTEOME FOR PROBABLE TARGETS." (2018).
Bordoloi, Manobjyoti, Surovi Saikia, Bhaskor Kolita, Rajeev Sarmah, Sonali Roy, and Bardwi Narzary. "Volatile Inhibitors of Phosphatidylinositol-3-Kinase (PI3K) Pathway: Anticancer Potential of Aroma Compounds of Plant Essential Oils." Anti-Cancer Agents in Medicinal Chemistry (Formerly Current Medicinal Chemistry-Anti-Cancer Agents) 18, no. 1 (2018): 87-109.
Bordoloi, M., Saikia, S., Kolita, B., & Sarmah, R. (2017). Volatile Inhibitors of Phosphatidylinositol-3-Kinase (PI3K) Pathway: Anti-Cancer Potential of Aroma Compounds of Plant Essential Oils. Anti-cancer agents in medicinal chemistry.
Gohain, Anwesha, Animesh Gogoi, Rajal Debnath, Archana Yadav, Bhim P. Singh, Vijai K. Gupta, Rajeev Sharma, and Ratul Saikia. "Antimicrobial biosynthetic potential and genetic diversity of endophytic actinomycetes associated with medicinal plants." FEMS microbiology letters 362, no. 19 (2015): fnv158. IF 2.121
Deka, H., Sarmah, R., Sharma, A., & Biswas, S. Modeling and Characterization of Glial Fibrillary Acidic Protein. Vol 11(8) 393-400 2015 IF 0.5
Jugal Gogoi, Tazid Ali and Rajeev Sarmah Stochastic Model for Genetic Recombination because of Crossing over and Chromatid Exchange International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 80 – No 13 pp 1 – 3 (2013).
Sarmah R. Insights from the predicted interactions of plant derived compounds to the gluco-corticoid receptor as an alternative to dexa-methasone. Bioinformation 8(20): 963-969 (2012). PP 963 – 8. ISSN 0973-2063 PMID: 23275688 PMCID: PMC3524948. doi: 10.6026/97320630008963. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23275688. IF 0.5
Gogoi. D, Bezbaruah. L.R, Bordoloi M, Sarmah R., Bora T.C. Insights from the docking analysis of biologically active compounds from plant Litsea Genus as potential COX-2 inhibitors. Bioinformation 8(16): 812-815 (2012) PP 812 – 5. ISSN 0973-2063 (online) 0973-8894 (print) PMID: 23139590 PMCID: PMC3488843 doi: 10.6026/97320630008812. IF 0.5
Sarmah R. and Kar S. Design and Prediction of Potential siRNAs for PTGS in Three Viruses Causing Diseases in Rice (Oryza sativa).Journal of Computational Intelligence in Bioinformatics. Volume 5, Number 2 (2012) pp. 75-84. ISSN 0973-385X
Hazarika R., Borkotoky S., Das B., Sarmah R., Neog B., Evolutionary relationship study of Methyltransferase (O-Methyltransferase, Eugenol O- Methyltransferase, Chavicol O- Methyltransferase and Orcinol O- Methyltransferase) from aromatic medicinal plants. Bulletin of life sciences 03/2012; 18:71-81.
Sarmah R., (2011) Arbuscular mycorrhizal fung: their diversity in lands abandond due to shifting cultivation. Bull. Life Sci., Vol XVI, 61-72. ISSN 0971-5746.
Johari S., Sarmah R., Sinha S., (2011) Ligand Binding Studies for DPP IV a target protein responsible for diabetes mellitus Type 2 : Stuctural based approach for drug designing , Proceedings of IEEE NCETACS , INSPEC Accession Number: 11945953 ISBN: 978-1-4244-9578-8.
Sarmah. R., (2010): Regeneration of Arbuscular Mycorrhizal Fungi in Soils Distributed by Shifting Cultivation. Bulletin of Life Sciences, XVI 18 – 28. ISSN 0971-5746.
Sinha S., Johri S., Sarmah R., (2010). An Extensive Study on Entities and Relationships of cell Line Database (CLDB)- A Proposed Remodelled Schema, Bull. Life Sci. Vol XVI,18. ISSN 0971-5746.
Devi, M., Das, B., and Sarmah R., (2003) Phylloplane mycoflora on Cycas and Gnetum. Ad. Plant Sci 16(I)333-335
Sarmah R., et al., (2001) Impact of shifting cultivation on the occurrence of Vesicular Arbuscular Mycorrhizal Fungi. J. Adv. Pl.Sc. pp 56-65 vol 3, ISSN 0971-9350
Mazid E., Sarmah R., and Bhattacharjee R., (2001): Comparative study of VAM status of ‘Jhum’ abandoned, natural areas and cultivated land of Karbi Anglong Dist of Assam. J. Adv. Pl.Sc. pp 121-128 vol 3, ISSN 0971-9350
Sarmah R. and Mazid E., (2001): VAM in the Rhizosphere of Bambusa bacceifera and B. Arnudinacea. J. Adv. Pl.Sc.2001 pp 103-106 vol 3, ISSN 0971-9350
Seminars, Symposium, Workshops and Trainings
· May'99-Apr'02 – Joined as research fellow for three years in a project entitled “Exploitation of Vecicular Arbuscular Mycorrhizal Fungi for Revegetation of Land Degraded due to Shifting Cultivation”, financed by Ministry of Environment and Forests Govt. of India, in the Department of Botany Cotton College, Guwahati, Assam.
· Mar 1997 – Sep 1997 – Joined as research fellow for six months in a project entitled “Screening of Free Living Nitrogen Fixing Bacteria and their Cellulolytic and Xylanolytic Activities”. financed by Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India in the Department of Botany Cotton College, Guwahati Assam.
· National Workshop on “Microbial Biodiversity Prospecting for PGPRs of N.E. Region for Sustainable Agriculture”, 15th to 19th Oct, 2001, Institute of Advanced Study in Science and Technology (IASST) Guwahati.
· UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Botanical Research in Wildlife Sanctuaries and National Parks of Assam, 27th and 28th July 2002, Handique Girls’ College, Guwahati. Presented paper entitled – “An account of VAM fungal species in Jhum abandoned areas of Karbi Anglong District”.
· DBT sponsored Training on “Applications of Bioinformatics” 13th to 15th Feb 2007, Bioinformatics Centre North East Hill University, Shillong.
· ICMR organised International Symposium on Newer Frontiers in Biomedical research 28th -29th june 2008 venue RMRC-ICMR, Dibrugarh. Presented paper entitled “Sequence similarity pf protein correlates with structural similarity – an analysis”.
· Ministry of Environment and Forests, Govt. of India, CSIR and UGC sponsored National seminar on “Exploration, Utilization and Strategy Action Plan for Sustainable Management of Plant Resources”, 27th and 28th Feb. 2009, Gauhati University, Guwahati. Presented paper entitled “Identification of AM fungi – A computational Approach”.
· Participated UGC sponsored National workshop on Policies and problems of higher education in Assam organized by Handique Girls college, Guwahati in collaboration with Assam college Teachers’ Assocation on 4th and 5th June 2010.
· Participated in the National Conference on Economic Development of Assam organised by Krishna Kanta Handique State Open University, Guwahati on 13th – 15th Dec, 2010.
· Presented Paper “Ligand Binding Studies for DPP IV a target protein responsible for diabetes Mellitus Type 2: Structural based approach for Drug Designing” in the 2nd National Conference on Emerging Trends and Applications in Computer Science held on 4th and 5th Mar, 2011.
· Participated one week National workshop on “Statistical Modelling in Addressing Biological Phenomena” during Feb 25 to Mar 01 2014 organised by Department of Statistics, Dibrugarh University.
78 siRNA Sequences were submitted to NCBI probe database, sequence generated by Rationale Method for siRNA Design. AC_NO – EPM_1: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/probe/?term=EPM_1
Research Projects Completed
“Mathematical Modeling for Evolutionary Biology” Participation as Co-Principal Investigator, In collaboration with Dr. T. Ali, Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh, Funded by DST, Govt. Of India.
May-1999 – Apr-02
Research Fellow for three years in a Project financed by Ministry of Environment and Forests Govt. of India, in the Department of Botany Cotton College, Guwahati, Assam.
Research Topic: “Exploitation of Vecicular Arbuscular Mycorrhizal Fungi for Revegetation of Land Degraded due to Shifting Cultivation.”
Mar-1997 – Sep-97
Research Fellow for six months in a Project financed by Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India in the Department of Botany Cotton College, Guwahati Assam.
Research Topic: “Screening of Free Living Nitrogen Fixing Bacteria and their Cellulolytic and Xylanolytic Activities.”