· August’17: Pursuing Ph.D. (Nursing) under Srimanta Sankaradeva University of
Health Sciences, Guwahati.
· Feb’05: M.Sc Nursing in Medical Surgical Nursing (Cardio Vascular and Thoracic) from B.M.Birla College of Nursing, Kolkata. Marks Secured 72%.
· 1995-1999: B.Sc Nursing from Regional College of Nursing, Guwahati under Gauhati University. Marks Secured 68%
· 1995: Higher Secondary from Kendriya Vidyalaya Maligaon, Guwahati. Marks Secured 63%
· 1993: Matriculation from Kendriya Vidyalaya Maligaon, Guwahati. Marks Secured 78%
· Presently working as Prof cum Principal at Sankar Madhab College of Nursing, assam down town University from 3rd Jan 2013.
Conducting curricular activities for students, participating in all academic activities as well as co-curricular activities for students and faculty, participating, controlling and conducting managerial and administrative functions of the college.
· Aug’99-Jan’02, Guwahati Neurological Research Centre, Guwahati.
Worked as Staff Nurse Grade-I in Neuro Intensive Care Unit.
Job responsibilities include comprehensive patient care, handling mechanical gadgets, helping the Incharge in managing the unit as Shift In-charge.
· Feb’02-Dec’02, Guwahati Neurological Research Centre, Guwahati.
Worked as Sister-In-Charge in Accident & Emergency Services.
Job responsibilities include managing the whole unit including staff, patients, ambulance services and also participating in the Continuous Educational Programme in the Hospital.
· 4th April’05 – 31st March’09, Asian Institute Of Nursing Education and Guwahati Neurological Research Centre, Guwahati.
Worked as Lecturer, Asst Professor (Med Surg Nsg) cum Assistant Nursing Superintendent.
Conducting curricular activities for AINE students, participating in all academic activities as well as co-curricular activities for students as well as faculty. Job responsibilities include managing the Nursing Services, planning for Continuous Educational Programme, participating in all managerial functions in the hospital, doing internal audits for various departments for ISO 140001 and 9000.
· 27th April’09 – 24th Dec 2012, Woodlands College of Nursing, Kolkata.
Worked as Associate Professor (Med Surg Nsg) . Promoted to Vice Principal in April ‘2011 Conducting curricular activities for students, participating in all academic activities as well as co-curricular activities for students as well as faculty.
· Dissertation submitted to West Bengal University of Health Sciences in partial fulfillment of Master of Nursing in Feb’2005 and also published in Asian Journal of Cardio- Vascular Nursing
Topic: “An evaluative study to assess the effectiveness of health education on prevention and management of constipation among geriatric cardiac clients in a selected old age home in Kolkata, West Bengal.”
· Published the research study in the Asian Cardiac Nursing Journal.
· Published an article in the ‘Swastha’(in house health magazine) in the month of
September 07’ on “Nursing as a career”.
· Presented Paper at International Conference at Bharti Vidyapith College of Nursing Pune, in the year 2017.
· Published paper on (2016) “Assessment of In-hospital Outcome of Acute Myocardial Infarction in correlation with “Thrombolysis in Myocardial Infarction” Risk Score,” International Journal of Nursing Education, 8(4), 36-40.
· Published paper in (2016) on “Effectiveness of betadine vs normal saline in catheter care for prevention of catheter associated urinary tract infection.” Mpl J of Nurs Health Sci, 2(2), 34-37.
· Published paper in (2017). A comparative study to assess the level of pain during nursing procedures in ventilated, unconscious and/or sedated patients. Mpl J of Nurs Health Sci, 3(1), 29-31.
· Published paper in (2016)” Training program n identification of arrhythmia and use of defibrillator among critical care nurses. “Journal of Nursing Research Society of India, 9(2), 5-11.
· 1st Position in 3rd academic year of B.Sc Nursing in 1998.
· 3rd position in Students Nurses Association, State Level competition in 1996.
· Secured 2nd position in University Exam of final year M.Sc Nursing in 2005.
· Published Article on Primary PTCA: its indication and pitfalls – Asian Journal of Cardio- Vascular Nursing Vol. 13, No. 1, Jan 2005.
· Published an article on ‘Application of Sister Callister Roy’s Adaptation Model of
Nursing on the cardiac patients’ in the Asian Cardiac Nursing Journal, year 2006.
· Presented paper on “Nursing care of a patient with fracture” in TNAI workshop in the
month of Feb 07’
· Presented paper on “Role of nursing leaders, budget and budgetary control and Nursing Audits” in a workshop conducted by Directorate of Health services, Govt of Assam in collaboration with Asian Institute of Nursing Education, in the month of Dec 2007 and in the month of April 2008..
· Experienced as an internal auditor for ISO 9001:2000 and 14001 in GNRC Hospitals Dispur.
· Course writer for the study material of “Diploma in Critical Care Nursing” under Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi.
· Experienced as an external examiner (Practical Exam) in the subject of Fundamental of Nursing & Medical Surgical Nursing under Mizoram University.
· Experienced as an external examiner (Practical Exam) in the subject of Fundamental of Nursing & Medical Surgical Nursing under Nagaland University. & SNDT University.
· Experienced as an external examiner & Paper Setter in the subject of Nursing Foundation, Medical Surgical Nursing under the West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata.
· Published an article on ‘Third Hand Smoke’ in the Asian Cardiac Nursing Journal in the month of January’2011.
· Presented paper in Asian Nursing Conference on “Recents Advancements in Heart Failure”in the month of October 2011 in Swabhumi, Kolkata.
· Experienced as an external examiner & Paper Setter in the subject of Medical Surgical Nursing (Clinical Speciality), Nursing Education for the MSc Nursing Programme under the West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata. & Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences.
· Presented paper in National Neurotrauma Conference in Guwahati, in the month of September, 2013
Invited as Resource person, Chairperson and Panelist in various State & National Level Nursing workshops, conferences and Seminar
· Published 1st Book Title A Guide to Medical Surgical Nursing. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd. First Edition: 2017 ISBN: 978-9386150-56-1