Institute of Life long learning of Assam down town University, is the domain of adult or continuing education which examines how adults learn, usually within work contexts. The field encompasses professional development programs for learners including professional groups and also the ones who have not had the opportunity to access formal education system and want to pursue job oriented short term vocational courses.
1. B.Sc Nursing (1997) from Regional College of Nursing, Guwahati, Guwahati University
2. M.Sc Nursing (2009) from Goutham College of Nursing, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
3. Ph.D Scholar (2014) under Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences, Guwahati. Topic: “To study the prevalence of obesity and its risk factors among adolescents in schools/junior colleges of Guwahati metro”
Total 23 years of experience in different educational Institutions and Hospitals
1. Working as a Nursing tutor at Down Town School of Nursing as well as Floor in charge and Ward Supervisor at Down Town Hospital from July 1998 to Feb 2005.
2. Working as a Nursing Tutor/ Clinical Instructor in College of Nursing at NEIGRIHMS, SHILLONG from March 2005 to June 2007.
3. Working as a Lecturer (w e f 01/01/2009 to 31/01/2010) and as a Assistant Prof. (w e f 01/02/2010 to 31/12/2013) in CPMS College of Nursing, Guwahati affiliated to SNDT Women’s University, Mumbai,
4. Working as a Assistant Prof. (w.e.f 06/01/2014 to 30/09/15) Faculty of Nursing, Assam down town University, Guwahati.
5. Working as a Associate Professor / HODi/c, (w.e.f 06/01/2015 to 15/01/2020) in Faculty of Nursing, Assam down town University, Guwahati.
6. Working as a Professor/ HODi/c, (w.e.f 16/01/2020 to till date) in Faculty of Nursing, Assam down town University, Guwahati.
#Pursuing Ph. D
# Guided 15 no of research projects of PG students
# Guiding 7 no of research projects of PG students
# Presenting 2 no of scientific papers in notional and 1 international level
# Published 19 no of research papers in national/International journals
# Submitted project proposal to DBT ,Govt of India
International/National Publications (Research articles)
1. Bhattacharya Prasanta kumar, Gogoi Nirmali, Roy aakash,(2016). Prevalence and awareness of obesity and its risk factors among adolescents in two schools in a northeast India city. International journal of Medical Sciences and public Health/2016,5(6);111-1122.
2. Gogoi Nirmali. (2016) A Study to Assess the Effectiveness of Self-Instructional Module on Home Management of Diarrhea among Mothers of Under Five Children in Selected Hospital at Bangalore. International Journal of Integrative Medical Sciences, Int J Intg Med Sci 2016, Vol 3(8):200-05. ISSN 2394 - 4137 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.16965/ijims.2016.146
3. Devi Rebika, Gogoi Nirmali, Devi Bhagya, (2016). Effectiveness of Play Therapy in reducing the level of anxiety among hospitalized preschool children in a selected hospital, Manipu. Journal of Nursing research Society of India. Vol-9 No.1,January-June,2016.ISSN 0975-6841.
4. Devi Chingangbam Sonia, Gogoi Nirmali, Chetia Pallabi. (2017) Effectiveness of skill training program on CPR among adolescents in selected colleges, Guwahati.Manipal Journal of Nursing and Health Sciences/July 2017/Volume 3/Issue 3/Issue 2
5. Gogoi Nirmali. (2018) Socio-demographic determinants of low birth weight in north-eastern city, india. Int J Intg Med Sci 2018;5(3):587-91. ISSN 2394-4137.
6. Gogoi Nirmali. (2018) Maternal and Neonatal Risk factors of Low Birth Weight in Guwahati Metro, Assam, Northeast India. Academic Journal of Pediatrics & Neonatology, Acad J Ped Neonatol 7(1):AJPN. MS.ID.555754(2018)
7. Marboh Maryhunlang, Gogoi Nirmali. (2018) A study to assess the effectiveness of a learning package on respiratory care of childrenon mechanical ventilationamong nurses ofNICU and PICU in selected hospital , guwahati assam. Indian Journal of Aplied Research. Volume-8/Issue-3/March-2018/ISSN-2249-555X/IF:5.397/IC Value:86.18.
8. Sinha Susmita, Gogoi Nirmali, Bhuyan Anamika. (2018) A study to find out the prevelance of anemia among school going adolescents girls in a selectedrural community of Guwahati, Assam. PARIPEX- Indian Journal of Research. Volume-7/Issue-3/ march-2018/ISSN-2250-1991/IF:6.761/ICValue:86.18
9. K.C.Malsawmtluangi, Gogoi Nirmali. (2018) Prevalence of preterm baby and its associated risk factors of preterm baby among mothers with live baby in selected hospital, Guwahati, Assam.Indian Journal of Aplied Research. Volume-8/Issue-7/ISSN-2249-555X/IF:5.397/IC Value:86.18.
10. Chungkham Bidyarani Devi, Gogoi Nirmali, Bhuyan Anamika. (2018) A study to assess the prevalence of upper respiratory tract infection (urti) and its risk factors among children in selected hospital, Guwahati, Assam.
11. Lalruatsangi Khiangte, Nirmali Gogoi. (2018) A comparative study of growth and development among toddlers of working and non-working mothers, Guwahati. Assam. JETIR June 2018, Volume 5, Issue 6,ISSN-2349-5162
12. L.Chinggoulun, Nirmali Gogoi, Bhuyan Anamika. (2018) A comparative study to assess the nutritional status of under five children in selected urban and rural areas in Guwahati, Assam. JETIR August 2018, Volume 5, Issue 8,ISSN-2349-5162.(Link:http://126.96.36.199:8080/jspui/bitstream/123456789/1466/1/CDNNPAE00029.pdf)
13. Chubakatila Langur, Gogoi Nirmali. (2018) A study to assess the effect of visual impairment on quality of life among blind children in a blind school in Guwahati, Assam.JETIR/Vol 5/ Issue 6/332.IF:5.87, ISSN:2349-5162
14. Gogoi Nirmali (2018). Nutritional status among school going children in Rajabari village, Guwahati, Northeast India. GIRA. VOLUME-7, ISSUE-9,SEPTEMBER-2018-ISSN No 2277-8160.
15. Ching Biak Kim, Nirmali Gogoi, Maryhunlang Marboh. (2019) A study to assess the effectiveness of Kangaroo Mother Care (KMC) on physiogical parameters of low birth weight babies in selected hospital, Guwahati, Assam. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. Volume 8, Issue 9, 893-911-ISSN 2277-7105/IF:8.074
16. Gaisinlu Phamei, Nirmali Gogoi, Maryhunlang Marboh. (2019) A study to assess the effectiveness of instructional Module on Fast Foods and its Hazards among Adolescents in selected schools, Guwahati, Assam. SSRG International Journal of Medical Sciences. Volume 6 Issue &-July 2019. ISSN 2393-9117
17. Soibam Pahari Sing, Nirmali Gogoi. Anamika Bhuyan (2019) A study to assess the Knowledge regarding weaning among mothers of infants in pediatric outpatient clinic in a rural community based hospital with view of information booklet. PARIPEX-Indian Journal of Research. Volume 8/ Issue-8 August -2019/ISSN 2250-1991/IF:6.761/ICV Value:86.18
18. C. Laldinpuii, Nirmali Gogoi, 2019) A study to assess the effectiveness of instructional Module on Knowledge regarding Nephrotic syndrome and its home management among parents of children with Nephrotic syndrome in selected hospital, Guwahati, Assam. JETIR. Volume 6/ Issue 6, June 2019. ISSN 2349-5162.
19. Nirmali Gogoi. “Childhood Seizures: Prevalence and its related factors, associated problems and outcomes.”International Journal of Scientific Research and Reviews. IJSRR 2019, Volume 8 Issue 4, 13-20. ISSN 2279-0543
Scientific paper presentation (National/International)
1. Nirmali Gogoi.‘‘Effectiveness of Play Therapy in reducing the level of anxiety among hospitalized preschool children in a selected hospital, Manipur’’. 2nd EAST ZONE CONFERENCE OF NURSING RESEARCH SOCIETY OF INDIA(NRSI) on Developing Excellence in Nursing Practice through Research’’ organized by Regional College of Nursing, Guwahati, Assam, at Guwahati Medical College Auditorium, 5th & 6th March,2016, pp 69.
2. Nirmali Gogoi,‘‘Prevalence of LBW and its risk factors influencing LBW in government hospital, Guwahati metro”. NRSI National conference, 21st, 22nd and 23rd Oct.2016 ,Nainital.
3. Nirmali Gogoi. “Comparative study on prevalence of malnutrition among under five children in rural and urban community, Guwahati Assam. International Conference on Ethics in Health Care: Multi-Disciplinary Approaches. Organised by Asian Institute of Nursing Education, Guwahati, Assam. Dated: 21st & 22nd February, 2020
# Promoted as professor, Faculty of Nursing, Assamdown tow University
# Achieving the post of vice principal
# Appointed as HOD i/c Faculty of nursing
# Appointed as an External examiner/Paper evaluator/Paper setter in B.Sc Nursing and M.Sc Nursing programme in intra and inter-University.
# Publishing research papers
# Presenting scientific research papers in nationa/Internationall level
# Guiding PG students in research projects
# Submitting project proposal to DBT, Govt of India