CCIPR: Intellectual property rights by Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)
FICS: Fellow Life Member of Indian Chemical Society
From Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Anantapur, Anantapur on “Phytochemical, Therapeutic and Antimicrobial Evaluation of Certain Ethno Medicinal Plants of North-East India” 2014.
In Pharmaceutical Chemistry from College of Pharmacy, SRIPMS, Coimbatore, (2006-2008) affilated to The Tamilnadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai with first class.
From J.S.S. College of Pharmacy, Ooty,Tamilnadu, (2001-2005) affilated to The Tamilnadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai with first class.
Total 11 years of teaching experience after M. Pharm
Ø 8 months experience in Pharmacy College, Rampura-Kakanpur, Godhra, Gujarat as Lecturer (01-02-2008 to 30-09-2008)
Ø 1 year and 4 months experience in AND college of pharmacy, Babhnan, Gonda, UP as Lecturer. (18-10-2008 to 15-02-2010)
Ø 2 years 6 months in CES college of Pharmacy, Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh as assistant Professor. (18-02-2010 to 05-09-2012)
Ø Continuing my service in Faculty of Pharmaceutical Science, Assam down town University from 10-09-2012 to till the day. Presently designated as Professor.
INVITED LECTURE, GUEST SPEAKER, CHAIRED SESSION IN CONFERENCES
Ø Invitee lecture & Chaired a session in Sixth Euro-India International Conference on Holistic Medicine (ICHM 2016), Kottayam, Kerala, India (9-11th September 2016). Organized by Institute for Holistic Medical Sciences, Kerala & Ayurveda-und Venen-Klinik, Austria.
(Assam down town University, Guwahati sanctioned partial grant to attend the conference).
Ø Act as Resource Person for in National Conference on Current Perspective in Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacotherapeutics, Tirupati, India (16-17August 2018) organised by Seven Hills College of Pharmacy (SHCP), Tirupati. The topic of the talk was “Leveraging Traditional Knowledge for Drug discovery: Clinical Ourcomes”. Also act as Chairperson for a session in the conference.
Book Publication as Author:
Ø N Devanna, Raja Chakraborty, Saikat Sen, Biplab De. Tribal Medicinal Plants of Tripura, India: A scientific Search. Serial Publications, New Delhi [ISBN: 978-81-8387-657-5], 2014.
Ø Saikat Sen, Raja Chakraborty, Biplab De. Diabetes Mellitus in 21st Century. Springer Publication [ISBN 978-981-10-1541-0], 2016.
Contribution in Edited Book:
Ø Saikat Sen*, Raja Chakraborty. The role of antioxidants in human health (DOI: 10.1021/bk-2011-1883.ch001). In: Andreescu Silvana, Hepel M (editors), Oxidative Stress: Diagnostics, Prevention, and Therapy (ACS Symposium Series 1083) (ISBN13: 9780841226838; eISBN: 9780841226845). American Chemical Society: Washington DC, 2011, pp. 1-37.
Ø Saikat Sen*, Raja Chakraborty, Biplab De, N Devanna. Biomarkers of diabetes: Diagnostic and therapeutic approaches. In: Surender Singh (Guest editor), Disease and Theranostics (vol 9 of Biotechnology Book series, executive editor JN Govil) (ISBN: 1-62699-024-7, Series ISBN: 1-62699-015-8). Studium Press LLC, USA, 2014, pp. 1-30.
Ø Saikat Sen*, Raja Chakraborty. Antioxidant supplements: Friend or foe?. In: Vibha Rani, Umesh Chand Singh Yadav (editors), Free Radicals in Human Disease and Health (ISBN: 9788132220343; eISBN: 9788132220350). Springer Publication: New Delhi, 2015, pp. 293-322.
Ø Biplab De, Raja Chakraborty, Saikat Sen, Ratna Choudhury. In search of a potent antioxidant ingredient from Phyllanthus acidus Skeels, - A medicinal plant used by the ethnic people of North-East India. In: Supratim Biswas, Biraj Kanti Shome (editors), Health for Development (ISBN: 978-93-5074-187-0). Abhijeet Publications: New Delhi, 2015, pp. 64-71.
Ø Saikat Sen*, Raja Chakraborty. Food in health preservation and promotion: A special focus on the interplay between oxidative stress and pro-oxidant/antioxidant. In: Hossain Uddin Shekhar, Zakir Hossain Howlader, Yearul Kabir (editors), Exploring the Nutrition and Health Benefits of Functional Foods (ISBN: 9781522505914; eISBN: 9781522505921, doi:10.4018/978-1-5225-0591-4.ch013). IGI Global: USA, 2017, pp. 265-300.
Ø MK Deka, CC Candar, Raja Chakraborty*, Saikat Sen. A short review on Alangium chinense (Lour.) Harms and its antioxidant evaluation. In: Niranjan Das (editor), Natural Products’ Chemistry (ISBN: 9789386283542). Write & Print Publications: New Delhi, 2017, pp. 150-161.
Ø Raja Chakraborty*, Saikat Sen. Drug discovery – Traditional medicine enthused approach. In: Niranjan Das (editor), Natural Products’ Chemistry (ISBN: 9789386283542). Write & Print Publications: New Delhi, 2017, pp. 190-205.
Ø Saikat Sen*, Raja Chakraborty, Herbs, Gastrointestinal Protection, and Oxidative Stress. In: Jordi Gracia-Sancho and Josepa Salvado (editors), Gastrointestinal Tissue, Oxidative Stress and Dietary Antioxidants (ISBN: 978-0-12-805377-5). Academic Press: London, UK, 2017, pp. 259-2774.
Ø Saikat Sen*, Raja Chakraborty. Pharmacology of Oral Hypoglycemic Agents (Ch-4). In: Surender Singh (volume editor), Metabolic Disorders: Diabetes I (‘Recent Progress in Medicinal Plants’ book series, chief editor JN Govil) (ISBN: 1-62699-082-4, Series ISBN: 0-9656038-5-7). Studium Press LLC, USA [to be published in October 2017].
JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS ( Google Scholar Citation > 1701 (h-index : 21 , i10-index :30)
PAPER PRESENTED/PUBLISHED AND ARTILCES IN SOUVENIR/MAGAZINE
1. Raja Chakraborty. Anabolic steroid-are they truly make you strong? In Souvenir of AICTE sponsored National level seminar on “Emerging novel trends in drug delivery systems (Pharma Transpire - 2011)”, page 57. Organized by CES College of Pharmacy, Kurnool, AP on 26th -27th March 2011.
2. Raja Chakraborty. Challenges and Opportunities of Health Care in India. In Souvenir of AP Pollution Control Board sponsored National level workshop on “Community health and nurturing green environment (CHANGE – A social responsibility)”, page 34-37. Organized by CES College of Pharmacy, Kurnool, AP on 21st -22nd October 2011.
3. Raja Chakraborty, Saikat Sen. Advancement of Herbal Medicine in context of India. International Conference on “Research & Development in Pharmaceutical Sciences – Global Scenario”, held in Assam down town University, Guwahati, Assam 2013 (07.10.2013), Page 3.
4. Anti-microbial activity of leaf extract of Saraca indica by disk diffusion method. By B Rekha, S Sen, Raja Chakraborty, S Hyndavi. Indian Pharmaceutical Congress held in Bengalore December 2011.
5. Evaluation of in vitro antimicrobial activity of Phyllanthus acidus leaf. Raja Chakraborty, Biplab De, N Devanna, Saikat Sen. Proceedings of Tripura Science Congress. 8th & 9th Sep 2011, Abstract book page no 93.
6. In vitro antioxidant activity of methanol extract of Meyna spinosa leaves. Saikat Sen, Biplab De, N Devanna, Raja Chakraborty. Proceedings of Tripura Science Congress. 8th & 9th Sep 2011, Abstract book page no 97.
7. Five (05) abstracts were presented in AICTE sponsored National level seminar on “Emerging novel trends in drug delivery systems (Pharma Transpire - 2011)”, held in CES College of Pharmacy, Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh on 26th -27th March 2011 [As co-author author/guide and also participited].
Ø G Asok Kumar, JA Basha, Ch Pavan, Saikat Sen, Raja Chakraborty. Renal and digestive complications of diabetes. Page 42.
Ø KS Ramadu, Saikat Sen, Raja Chakraborty, K Chakravarthy, S Rajasagar, H Suresh. Green tea- An overview. Page 43.
Ø J Arif Basha, G Asok Kumar, PK Reddy, Raja Chakraborty, Saikat Sen. Recent strategies to cure diabetes. Page 48.
Ø U Suresh, JS Reddy, A Radha, Saikat Sen, Raja Chakraborty, In vitro antioxidant activity of ethanol extract of Saraca indica leaves. Page. 50.
Ø B.S. Charisma, Raja Chakraborty, AN Saundarya. Stem Cell Therapy. Page. 40.
8. Eleven (11) abstracts were presented in International Conference on “Research & Development in Pharmaceutical Sciences – Global Scenario” (7th Oct 2013) held in Assam down town University, Guwahati, Assam [As co-author author/guide and also participited].
Ø B Borah, N Arambam, M Islam, S Deka, R Chakraborty, S Sen*. Current status and future prospective of traditional anthelminthic plants. Page 5.
Ø Saikat Sen*, Biplab De, N Devanna, Raja Chakraborty. Ameliorative effect of methanol extract of Meyna spinosa leaves on the cisplatin induced nephrotoxicity. Page 66.
Ø F Afreen, K Borah, Saikat Sen, S Deka, R Chakraborty*. Pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic assessment of some indole derivative as analgesic and anti-inflammatory agent. Page 58.
Ø S Mawlieh, R Chakraborty*, S Sen, K Sharma, BK Dey. Anti-tubercular activity of several pyridine-3-carboxylic acid derivatives. Page 53.
Ø D Lhuid, R Chakraborty*, J Amri, S Sen, A Chakraborty. Anti tubercular activity of methanolic extract of Oxalis corniculata L. Page 45.
Ø R Phukon, S Deka*, BK Dey, R Chakraborty, S Sen, M Basak. Kidney stone dissolving property of banana stem. Page 40.
Ø J Devi, UR Neog, N Begum, A Chakraborty, R Chakraborty, S Sen*. Harmful use of alcohol and its impact. Page 19.
Ø M Handique, S Deka*, BK Dey, R Chakraborty, S Sen, A Chakraborty. Phyto-pharmacology of Moringa oleifera Lam - an overview. Page 17.
Ø J Ara, N Maramsa, BK Dey, M Deka, R Chakraborty, S Sen*. Biomarkers of cancer - diagnostic & therapeutic approaches. Page 8.
Ø B Sonowal, N Chetia, BJ Sahariah, B Roy Sarkar, R Chakraborty, S Sen*. Antioxidant food supplements and health. Page11.
Ø N Maramsa, R Chakraborty, S Deka, A Talukdar, K Sharma, S Sen*. Confronting the tobacco epidemic and future. Page 14.
9. Raja Chakraborty. Indian Traditional Herbal Medicine and Its Importance on Drug Discovery (oral Seminar). National Seminar on Recent Advances in Natural Products Chemistry., Udaipur, Tripura (28-29 Nov 2015).
10. 1St Regional Seminar: SFE India (symposium) “Pharmacovigilance of Natural Products – A Preliminary Approach’, held in Guwahati Medical College on 26/09/2015. Organized by Dept. of Pharmacology, ADR Monitoring Centre, Guwahati.
[2 credit hours granted by Assam Council of Medical Registration].
11. One Day Symposium on MINITAB-17 – The leading Statistical Software for Data Analysis. Assam down town University, Guwahati, Assam (25th Feb 2016).
12. One day national seminar on Emerging Trends in Pharmaceutical Education and Research- organised by Girijananda Chowdhury Institute of Pharmaceutical Science in association with Assam Science and Technological University, Assam (7th May 2016).
13. Saikat sen, Pratap Kalita, Himanta Biswa Saikia, Abdul Khalek, Ramen Kalita, Raja Chakraborty. In Vitro antioxidant and anti-hyperglycemic potential of Banana Flower (Musa Balbisiana Colla). Oral Presenttion at 3rd national seminar on “Recent Discoveries in Medicinal and Aromatic Plants Research and its Sustainable Development in North East India” 17th-18th August 2018, organised by Dept. of Herbal Science and Technology, Anandaram Dhekial Phookan College, Nagaon, Assam. Page no 66, Presentation No OP-52.
14. Poster presented in 70IPC held on 21-23 December 2018 at Amity University, Noida.
Ø Completed computer training course in COMPUTER FUNDAMENTALS, Win98, MS – Office.
Ø Participated in one day seminar on “Career Opportunities and Advances in Pharma Field” , Coimbatore 2006.
Ø Participated in one week residential “Personality Development Workshop” at J.S.S. College of pharmacy, Ooty, Tamilnadu.
Ø National Level Workshop on “Green Chemistry-Role in Environmental Protection held in CES College of Pharmacy, Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh 2010 (26-3-2010 to 27-3-2010).
Ø Two Days Training Programm on “Animal Handling and Screening Models” held in C.E.S. College of Pharmacy, Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh 2011 (12.03.2011 to 13.03. 2011).
Ø National Level Seminar on “Emerging Novel Trends in Drug Delivery Systems” held in C.E.S. College of Pharmacy, Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh 2011 (26.03.2011 to 27.03.2011).
Ø National Level Workshop on “Community Health And Nurturing Green Environment – A Social Responsibility”, held in C.E.S. College of Pharmacy, Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh 2011 (21.10.2011 to 22.10.2011).
Ø International Conference on “Research & Development in Pharmaceutical Sciences – Global Scenario” held in Assam down town University, Guwahati, Assam 2013 (7th Oct 2013).
Ø The article ‘An ethnobotanical survey of medicinal plants used by ethnic people in West and South district of Tripura, India’ listed in the 20 top twenty cited paper in 2011-2012 published by J For Res, and rewarded from the J For Res in collaboration of Govt. of China.
Ø Worked as final paper evaluator in Uttar Pradesh Technical University.
Ø Associated with "ADTUPHARMACON 2019" as CONVENOR: A National Semianr organised by Faculty of Pharmaceutical Science, Assam down town University on 29th and 30th March 2019
OTHER ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES
Ø Organising committee member of ‘National level workshop on Green Chemistry-Role in environmental protection’. Organised by C.E.S. College of Pharmacy, Cinnatekur, Kurnool, AP-518218 at 26th &27th March 2010.
Ø Organiser and member of workshop on ‘A Two days traning programme on animal handling and screening model’ Organised by C.E.S. College of Pharmacy, Cinnatekur, Kurnool, AP-518218 at 12th &13th March 2011.
Ø Organiser & perticipited in AICTE-Sponsored National Seminar on ‘Emmerging Novel Trends in Drug Delivery systems’Organised by C.E.S. College of Pharmacy, Cinnatekur, Kurnool, AP-518218 at 26th &27th March 2011.
Ø Organizer & Participated International Conference on “Research & Development in Pharmaceutical Sciences – Global Scenario” held in Assam down town University, Guwahati, Assam 2013 (7th Oct 2013).
Ø Organizing member in Volunteers committee in NORTH EAST PHARMACEUTICAL CONVENSION 2017, held in Guwahati organized by North East Pharmaceutical Society (NEPS) held on 6 -7th May2017.
Ø Member of Faculty Research Programme (FRC) and Departmental Research Programme (DRC) of Department of Pharmacy, Assam down town University, Guwahati, Assam.
Ø Working as Research Co-ordinator Department of Pharmacy, Assam down town University, Guwahati, Assam.
PROJECTS ONGOING AND/OR UNDER COMMUNICATION
Title of Project
Profiling of antioxidant molecules in JBR cultivars and evaluation of their antioxidant and hypolipidemic activity
Department of Biotechnology, Govt of Ondia
Pharmacological and Pharmacognostic evaluation of callus and suspension culture of Berberis sp. And their alkaloidal content
Indian Council of Medical Research
Concept note Accepted. Full proposal submitted
Development of monographs on SOPs of manufacturing process and quality standard of some Ayurvedic formulation
PCIM&H – AYUSH.
Worked as Reviewer for –
Open Veterinary Journal (Manuscript no: OVJ-034-04-12)
Pharmaceutical Biology (Manuscript no: NPHB-2012-1208; NPHB-2014-2634)
African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology (Manuscript no: AJPP/04.04.13/3605)
European Journal of Medicinal Plants (Manuscript no: 2013_EJMP_5261)
Mini Review in Medicinal chemistry (Imapct factor 3.0)
BMC Journal of Complementary and Alternative Medicine (Impact factor 2.0)
Journal of Ethnopharmacology (Manuscript no: JEP-D-14-03760; Impact factor 2.6)
Ø Life time member of - Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India
Ø Life time member of - InPharm Association
Ø Life time member of - Indian Science Congress
Ø Life time member of - Asia-Pacific Chemical, Biological & Environmental Engineering Society (APCBEES)
Ø Life time member of - Tripura Chemical Society
Ø Life member of Indian Pharmaceutical Association
Ø Life Fellow member of Indian Chemical Society (F/8047)
Ø Registered Pharmacist under Tripura Pharmacy Council (A-2409)
Ø Participated in one-day seminar on “Career Opportunities and Advances in Pharma Field”, Coimbatore 2006.
Ø Participated in one week residential “Personality Development Workshop” at J.S.S. College of Pharmacy, Ooty, Tamilnadu.