The University has initiated the Ph D programme following UGC (Minimum standards and procedure for award of M.Phil/Ph.D degree) Regulation-2009 from the session 2011-12 vide UGC letter No. F.No. 8-26/2010(CPP-I/PU) dt. December, 2011. The first entrance examination for the programme was held on the 6th of November, 2011 where 20 scholars were selected. The first batch has already started their research work under the guidance of distinguished guides with excellent academic career. The University provides reputed and qualified Supervisers to the scholars. The programme covers various disciplines like Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Basic Sciences, Management, Medical & Life Sciences and some subjects from Humanities.
Procedure for Ph.D Admission:
1. Application form has to be submitted
2. Examination fee of Rs. 1000/- has to be submitted for entrance examination (Examinations dates
are scheduled during the year and will be announced via advertisements)
3. Examination will be held on the following subjects
a) Research Methodology
b) Computer Basics
c) English Grammar and Composition.
The scholar is selected on the basis of this written examination followed by a viva on the subject
4. Successful Candidates will have to Register provisionally within one month from the date of
declaration of Entrance Examination Result. The Admission fee (Rs. 25,000/-) with Provisional Registration fee (Rs.15000/-) and the First Year Course fees (Rs. 40,000/- P.A) has to be paid at the time of provisional registration. (NB: Fees will be differ for foreign Countries )
5. The student has to go through a course work for a period of six months. However, the programme is designed keeping in view of the convenience of the scholars.
6. After the course work the scholar has to sit in an examination.
7. On successful completion of the Course work scholars have to submit their synopsis within 1 month. In case of practical oriented study, which will require the use of the university labs, the estimated budget for the research work will have to be submitted along with the Synopsis.
8. The student has to appear before the review committee, once every three months to update about their work.
9. The final registration will have to be done within 24months of the date of provisional registration . The final registration fee (Rs. 15,000) will also have to be paid.
10. A scholar can submit the thesis after two years but not later than five years from the date of provisional registration on payment of the Thesis submission fee of Rs. 10,000/-..
11. The final Doctorate Degree will be awarded on successful completion programme.
The above details or procedures may change. For most updated information please contact our admission office. in the following phone numbers: