Assam downtown University owns the privilege of instituting the Award for Excellence in School Teaching. This award is an appreciation for High School Teachers of Assam with records of creating or shaping new teaching techniques. AdtU takes pride in recognizing the contributions of the teaching fraternity in the field of exceptional teaching that goes a long way in moulding the future generation of our society. This tradition of award has been initiated in the year 2018. The award consists of a citation and a cash prize of Rupees 1,00,000/- only. There are certain eligibility criteria for applying for this award. The award is presented in a grand function on Teachers’ Day, 5th September every year.
The following teachers have been awarded the Award of Excellence:
|Sri Jatin Bhatta
||Assistant Teacher, Mangaldai Town Girls H.S School, Mangaldai, Darrang District, Assam,784125
|Sri Chandra Saharia
||Pakadali High School, Metapara,Dhekipara,Sipajhar,Darrang-Assam-784145
The applicants must provide the following information/ documents along with the application form to be eligible to apply for the Award of Excellence:
- Complete bio- data showing details of academic records from HSLC onwards.
- Pass percentage of the school in the High School Leaving Certificate Examination (any Board) for last five years (including 1st, 2nd & 3rd division percentage wise).
- No. of students getting distinction in the subject/ subjects taught by the applicant- teacher in the HSLC examinations during last five years.
- Name, Address and contact details of the Headmaster/Headmistress where working currently.
- Names of a few past students of the school who have shined in their respective professions with phone number and email address.
- Record of award received earlier by the applicant from any government Organisation or Trust. Give details.
- Proof of membership (present or past) of any State / National level Education Planning Committees / Boards.
- Photocopy of Teaching Dossier or Portfolio/ lesson plan etc, if any.
- Records of designing New Teaching Technique with results achieved including participations of any form. Give Details.
- Vision plan of the applicant as a school teacher. Give a brief note.
- Records of community involvement. Give Details.
- Has the applicant undertaken any innovative experiment for greater impact of his/her teaching on the students? Submit documentary evidence.
- Does the applicant teacher give any special attention and assistance to the gifted and weaker students? If so, give details.
- Has the applicant teacher participated in any in-service training program, workshops, etc.? If so, give Details.
- Does the applicant teacher take active interest in organizing co-curricular or extra-curricular activities in the schools? Give details.
- Other information (if any) not mentioned above.