Master of Science in Emergency and Critical Care
Medical Laboratory Technology also called Clinical laboratory science is an allied health profession which is concerned with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease through the use of clinical laboratory tests. These tests help doctors to detect, diagnose and treat diseases. A Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) also referred to as a medical technologist, a clinical scientist, or clinical laboratory technologist do these tests by analyzing body fluids, tissues, blood typing, microorganism screening, chemical analyses, cell counts of human body etc. They play an important role in collecting the information’s needed, sampling, testing, reporting and documentation of these investigations. They determine the presence, extent or absence of disease and provide data needed to evaluate the effectiveness of treatment. M.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology is a four semester program to impart in-depth knowledge of General and Clinical Biochemistry, Haematology, Clinical Pathology, Histo & Cytopathology,Immunology, Medical and Diagnositc Microbiology, Genetics & molecular cell biology, and their applications in three semester. Fourth semester will be fully internship and research project leading to a dissertation. There is a great scope for the Medical Laboratory Technology students mainly include are: Diagnositcs, Research & Development, Various Projects, Analysis & Testing, Various laboratories, Academics, and also opportunities in abroad. Most Medical Laboratory Scientists are generalists, skilled in all areas of the clinical laboratory. However some are specialists, qualified by unique undergraduate education or additional training to perform more complex analyses than usual within a specific field. Specialties include clinical biochemistry, hematology, coagulation, microbiology, bacteriology, virology, parasitology, mycology, immunology, immunohematology (blood bank), histopathology cytopathology, genetics, cytogenetics,.
Scope : After completion of the course one can opt for career in,
- Hospital and individual laboratories as Clinical technologist/Lab managers.
- Research and development laboratories as a research scholar /Scientist
- In various biotechnological industries as research assistant/Fellow
- As a medical laboratory Scientist in abroad hospitals and laboratories
- ISO and NABL certified laboratories as senior technologist.
- Teaching jobs in allied health colleges
- Self sufficient individuals for employment. (Self employment)
|Post Graduate||Program Duration||Eligibility Criteria|
|M.Sc. Emergency & Critical Care||2 years (4 Semesters)||50% in graduation, in Trauma and emergency
care, Critical care, Nursing, Physiotherapy,
Occupational Therapy, Life Sciences.
(5% relaxation for ST/SC)
All Paramedical Courses
- 1Bachelor in Physiotherapy
- 2Bachelor in Advance Imaging Technology
- 3Bachelor in Trauma, Emergency & Disaster Management
- 4Bachelor in Medical Laboratory Technology
- 5Bachelor in OT Technology
- 6Bachelor of Science in Optometry
- 7Master of Science in Medical Lab Technology
- 8Master of Science in Emergency and Critical Care