Bachelor of Science in Digital Film Making & Visual Effects
Background : Today the world of live action Film and Animation Films are not limited to only skill but also towards creative solutions required to make this industry highly imaginative and exciting. The B.Sc. Digital Film Making and VFX course from Assam down town University focuses on these aspects as high competence can propel you to a highly rewarding career in this fast grown Industry. Short films by each student and professionally fine tuned show reels are the best testimonials to the high quality learning that is imparted. This opens opportunities for exposure in the industry through Film festivals at National and International levels. The abundant knowledge from this course will help you in changing the Indian Visual Effects Industry to bring new dimensions.
|Specialization||Digital Film Making & Visual Effects (VFX)|
|Eligibility||The minimum qualification required to apply is a pass in the 10+2 examination from PUC/ISC/CBSE or equivalent board or a course recognised as equivalent thereto by the University|
Career Opportunities for Animation, Digital Film Making and Virtual Effects (VFX)
Increased application of Animation and Virtual Effects in filmmaking and other areas has lead to the fast growth in the industry. Many block buster movies including Bahubali, Frozen, Toy Story, The Lion King and Finding Nemo were created using Animation technology.
Extensive usage of advanced Visual Effects technology were used in creating movies like The Matrix, Avatar, King Kong, Makkhi, Life of Pi, Terminator, Fast & Furious, Robot and Krish. Apart from film Industry, the application of Animation is rapidly growing in sectors like Gaming, Education, Entertainment (television production), and Health Care etc.
The number of Animation companies in the country is estimated to be around 400. Increasing mobile and broadband penetration, along with the introduction of new generation consoles, will further boost demand for Animation content for online and console gaming in the country. The surge in demand for animated content in the domestic market and the growing character licensing business is tremendous growth opportunities for Animation and Gaming studios in the country.
Currently, the Indian Animation industry employs around 7000 – 10,000 Animators, which is way behind the existing immediate demand for 30,000 such professionals. Govt. proposed Animation Parks alone can generate employment opportunities for 2 lakh skilled Animators within the next 2 years. According to a NASSCOM report, the requirement will be for skilled professionals like creative animators, conceptualises, visualises, 3D modellers, character designers, digital effects artists etc., who can handle multimedia software such as 3D studio Max and Maya.
CAREER PROGRESSION ATH - CLOUD TECHNOLOGY
|Industry||Entry Level (0-1 yr exp.)||Mid level (3-5 yrs exp.)||Advanced level (5 yrs plus exp.)|
|Average Salary||4,00,000-5,00,000 INR||4,00,000-8,00,000 INR||8,00,000 INR +|
|Animation||Visualiser, Storyboard, BG/Modeler/Character Modeler, Texturing Artist Graphic Designers, 2D/3D Animator, Digital Lighting & Compositing Artist, Motion Graphic Designer, Production Assistant, Illustrator||Team Leads, Production Coordinator, Lead Concept Artist, Render Wranglers, Senior Artist-Modeling/Texturing/Animation/Lighting, Senior Compositor, UI Designer||Production Manager Creative diretor Technical Lead/Director Animation Supervisor Compositing Supervisor Studio Manager Line Producer Asset Supervisor Sequence Lead Sr. User Interface Design Lead|
|Self-Employment||Compensation commensurate to the efforts put in|
- VFX and 3D fil making industry is expected to grow at 18.5% per annum and it would generate large number of employment opportunities.
- Indian Media and Entertainment Industry is zooming ahead. Current Market Size is estimated at Rs. 61,000 crores and expected to reach Rs. 1,05,200 crores by the year 2014.
- Maximum growth is expected in Television and Film segments. More than 300 National and regional TV channels ensure pan India reach.
- Close to 1000 films made every year in India
- Liberal FDI policies across all the segments of the industry
- Numerous opportunities to work in various areas of live action film production
- Growing number of VFX production studios across the country as well as global animation industry
- The main opportunity comes from VFX Production studios across the country as well as global Animation Industry
- Advertising Design studios provides multiple opportunities to VFX students, Television Channels and other Tele productions also provide good opportunity for placements
All Engineering Programmes
- 1B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- 2B.Tech in Civil Engineering
- 3B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering
- 4B.Tech in Computer Science
- 5Bachelor of Computer Application
- 6Bachelor of Science and Information Technology
- 75 yrs Integrated BTech & MTech
- 85 yrs Integrated BCA & MCA
- 95 Years Engineering and MBA (Integrated)