Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry
The term Biochemistry was first introduced by Carl Neuberg, a german chemist, in 1903.The history of biochemistry spans approximately eight centuries. Over the last 40 years biochemistry has become so successful at explaining living processes that now almost all areas of the life from Botany to medicine are engaged in biochemical research.
Scope : It is involved in the research related work in the following fields:-
- Medicine : Biochemistry, in this field carry out diagnostic tests and investigations for finding out causes of diseases. The major concern is to study the genetic transformations of diseases from one generation to another. It also tries out the chemical change that takes place in the cells of the body parts which signal the onset of various diseases such as tuberculosis, cancer, diabetes, mental disorders like epilepsy etc. Hospitals, public health laboratories and medical research institutes as well as the pharmaceutical industries all require biochemists.
- Agriculture : Biochemistry is also involved in the field of agriculture. Biochemists develop and innovate new improved technique for crop cultivation, pest control management and crop storage management. It has helped to better the output and quality of agricultural products.
- Nutrition : In this field, biochemistry has researched and studied the effects of certain food stuff, minerals, proteins,carbohydrates, fats and vitamins when consumed in deficient quantitites on the human body.
Biochemistry work in all walks of life- industry, hoispitals,agriculture,research institute,education and associated areas. There are many areas of everyday life as diverse as medical products and diagnostics, new food and its safety, crop improvement,cosmetics and forensic science that owe there development or even existence to biochemistry.
Pharmaceutical,food brewing, biotechnology, microbiology and agro chemical industry all need and employ biochemists to develop newproducts and to monitor the production, quality control and safety of existing ones.
Away from all the above fields, biochemistry is a subject that develops analytical thinking, creativity in problem solving and the ability to handle large amount of complex information ,skills required in job in all walks of life including for example sales and marketing,accountancy and finance,journalism and patient work.
|Under Graduate||Programme Duration||Eligibility Criteria|
|Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry||3 years (6 Semesters)||Eligibility Criteria 10+2 (Science with PCB) with a minimum of
45% marks in aggregate and in individual subjects from a
Recognized Board of Education
(5% relaxation for ST/SC)
Admission Fees Structure :
|Adm Fee||1st Sem||2nd Sem||3rd Sem||4th Sem||5th Sem||6th Sem||Total Programme Fee||Lumsum Fee|
All Allied Health Programmes
- 1Bachelor in Food Nutrition & Dietetics
- 2Bachelor In Social Work (BSW)
- 3Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology
- 4Bachelor of Science in Microbiology
- 5Master of Science in Biotechnology
- 6Master of Science in Microbiology
- 7Master of Social Works (MSW)
- 8Master of Science in Food Nutrition & Dietetics
- 9Master of Science in Biochemistry